Converting ppt with animations into jpgs

Is it possible to use your software to convert a ppt with animations into jpgs such that the jpgs reflect the static image after each step of a slideshow playback.

For example, if we have 3 slides:
slide 1 -static
slide 2 -static, animation one, animation two
slide 3 - static

if i manually play the slide show of this ppt:

I see slide one.
I click next.
I see slide two.
i click next
I see animation one play, and then stop.
I click next.
I see animation two play, and then stop.
i click next
I see slide three.

Would you be able to convert this ppt into 5 jpgs?
jpg1 = slide 1
jpg2 = slide 2
jpg3 = final image of animation 1
jpg4 = final image of animation 2
jpg5 = slide 3.

Is this possible?

thanks
Ed

Hi ED,

I have observed your requirements and regret to share that at present the support for generating slide thumbnails for every step of slide animation is unavailable. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-25497 has already been added as new feature request to provide requested support. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks for your quick response.

1. Is there an ETA on when SLIDESNET-25497 will be implemented?

2. Do you support a capability for me to programmatically play a ppt slide show?
Specifically, is there an api method that will simulate the play click; the call would have to block until the static image, or animation is finished being displayed. I ask because i was thinking as a work around for SLIDESNET-25497 I can capture the screen as a jpg myself after every click if there was a way to programmatically render the ppt slides and animation.

3, Through your api, is there a way to easily determine if a PPT contains animations or not? ie. YourLibrary.hasAnimations(ppt) return boolean.

Thanks!
Ed

Hi Ed,

I have observed your questions and will be answering them one by one.

echin1999:

1. Is there an ETA on when SLIDESNET-25497 will be implemented?

At present there is no ETA for the status of the issue. This is one complex feature to implement and I have requested our product team share the feedback in this regard. Unfortunately, at present there is no near future implementation plan available for this feature.

echin1999:
2. Do you support a capability for me to programmatically play a ppt slide show?
Specifically,
is there an api method that will simulate the play click; the call
would have to block until the static image, or animation is finished
being displayed. I ask because i was thinking as a work around for SLIDESNET-25497 I
can capture the screen as a jpg myself after every click if there was a
way to programmatically render the ppt slides and animation.

Aspose.Slides let’s you to save presentation as PPS and PPSX, which are extension for presentation in slide show mode. Then you can use Process.Start method to load the saved PPS or PPSX on click of a button in your presentation. There is no other API support that may provide support for playing a slide show as Aspose.Slides has no front end associated with it and can only generate the presentations that can be opened in PowerPoint.

echin1999:

Through your api, is there a way to easily determine if a PPT contains
animations or not? ie. YourLibrary.hasAnimations(ppt) return boolean.

The slide animations are defined on slides level for shapes inside any slide. You need to traverse every slide in presentation and check Slide.TimeLine property for any animation entry. If there exist a valid value for TimeLine then it means the presentation has got animation inside it. Other than that there is no option available in this regard.

I hope the shared information will be helpful.

Many Thanks,

Within the Slide.Animation class, is there such thing as a duration attribute that represents how long the particular animation runs? (such that in theory, I can calculate how long a slideshow takes to run, and in particular when each animation will start and end)? (I don’t see one in the documentation but i’m hoping that’s just an oversight by me :slight_smile: )

Thanks,
Ed

Hi Ed,

I have observed your requirements and like to share that the said requirement is combination of many things which includes delays, speed and duration of animation itself. Every animation effect is applied to some shape or portion of text inside that. You may need to to explore IEffect.Timing class for every effect on shape of slide which holds the timing information for animation effect in presentation slides. There is no straight forward attribute that may tell overall duration of all animation effects in presentation slides and you many need to calculate it on your end by traversing through all slides and their respective animations.

Many Thanks