Converting PPTX File to PDF in Java: Print Preview Is Distorting Images

Created a PPTX file and used [Aspose Slides Java 20.12 Version] to convert it to PDF.
But when I open this PDF in browser and check print preview
All images are distorted and changing random size.
Even in Fit to Printable area option Aspose PDF file is not showing images correctly.

When I convert PPTX to PDF it should fix the image position so that preview will not show incorrect behaviour

@mukeshdhakad2908,
Thank you for contacting support.

Please check your results using the latest version of Aspose.Slides for Java if it is possible. If the issue persists, please share the following files and information:

• input presentation file
  • output PDF file
  • code example you used
  • screenshots with the distorted images
  • OS version on which the code was executed
  • JDK version in your app
  • name and version of the browser you used

You can zip the files and upload an archive here.

Hi Team,

This issue still exist with latest version. Not only our program, I am able to reproduce same issue in Aspose online tool to convert PPTX to PDF. Below is the detailed description:

Out Finding: If you open Aspose converted PDF and see image in acrobat reader, you will not get Copy Image options, means they are not property added as images in PDF
But for Adobe online converted file, each image is proper in PDF and you can check right click copy image for all.
Actually, Any proper image in PDF is not distorting in preview, This problem is only with aspose convered PDF improper images (i.e. without showing image in right click). So if using Aspose we can have proper images like adobe tool, it will work.

Original PPTX File to convert: testFile001.pptx
Aspose Online Tool converted file: testFile001_AsposeOnlineTool.pdf [This has issue with preview]
Online PowerPoint to PDF Converter.

Adobe Online Tool Converted file: testFile001_OnlineAdobeConverted.pdf [This file perfect]

AsposeOnlineConvertedFilePrintPreviewDistortingImages.jpg ::: Even with “Fit to printable area” it distorting images except the image which is proper in converted PDF (showing image box in click and also copy image option in PDF).

OnlineAdopeConvertedImagesWorkingFineWithoutAnyDistortChanges.jpg :: It is perfect with same options used for Aspose converted file.

JDK: jdk-11.0.10+9
Browsers:
Chrome: Version 114.0.5735.134
Microsoft Edge: Version 114.0.1823.41
OS: Windows 10 Enterprise & SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5

AsposePPTXtoPDF.java :::: Our Java Code to convert PPTX to PDF.
Files_Print Preview Is Distorting Images.7z (5.1 MB)

@mukeshdhakad2908,
Thank you for the details. I reproduced the problem you described.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESJAVA-39228

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

1 Like

Hi Team,

Any updates on this issue.

@mukeshdhakad2908,
The issue is still open. Unfortunately, I don’t have any additional information yet.