Converting RTF to HTML Problems

When I load a particular RTF file into Aspose.Words and convert it to HTML it changes some of the data to question marks. Also if I load the same RTF file into Aspose.Words and then save it straight away it changes the font for some of the data at the end to Symbol. What am I doing wrong? I have attached the RTF file and here is the code used to load the file into Aspose.Words:-

Document doc = new Document(“Translation_Test_Document_One25_06_2014_15_09_13_088964.rtf”);

Here is the code used to save it out as RTF with no manipulations:-

RtfSaveOptions so = new RtfSaveOptions();

so.ExportCompactSize = true;

so.SaveFormat = Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Rtf;

so.ExportImagesForOldReaders = false;

so.PrettyFormat = true;

doc.Save(“F:\TEST.rtf”, so);

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issues at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged these problems in our issue tracking system as follow:

WORDSNET-10354 : Font of RTF (Table’s text) is changed after re-saving the RTF
WORDSNET-10355 : Font of RTF contents is changed from Calibri to Symbol after re-saving the RTF

I have linked this forum thread to the same issues and you will be notified via this forum thread once these issues are resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

MipMapper:

When I load a particular RTF file into Aspose.Words and convert it to HTML it changes some of the data to question marks.

I have not found this issue at my end using latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 14.5.0. If you are using some different RTF document, please share it along with output HTML. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

I was using the same file for the conversion of RTF to HTML using the 13.1 version of Aspose Words.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for sharing the detail. I suggest you please use the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 14.5.0. If you still face any problem, please let us know.

Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.

I have just tried version 14.5 of Aspose.Words and the problem happens in that version as well.

I really need a solution to this problem.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your inquiry.

MipMapper:

When I load a particular RTF file into Aspose.Words and convert it to HTML it changes some of the data to question marks.

Could you please attach your input RTF document (for which you are facing this issue) here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

The first problem of the font changing to symbol happens when I write the file out as RTF or HTML - the question mark problem has been replaced with the wrong font problem.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for sharing the detail. We will update you via this forum thread once your issues are resolved. Please let us know if you have any more queries.