Converting RTF to Word

Hi Team,
Attached is an RTF which is an output of Crystal Reports. When I try to convert / Load the rtf to .docx using the below code it’s throws exception.

' Load an RTF file into Aspose.Words.
Dim doc As New Aspose.Words.Document(inFileName)

' Save the document in the OOXML format.
doc.Save(outFileName, SaveFormat.Docx)

Awaiting for your reply on how I can over this issue.
Regards,
Shashidhar

Hi Shashidhar,
Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce it on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
As a workaround, you can open/save your document in MS Word. After this, Aspose.Words can open the file without any problems.
Best regards,

Hi Team,
First of all thanks a lot for the quick reply.
Yeah agreed, the reason why we are looking at Words is that the application that uses Aspose.words need to run on machines which don’t have word and the output word would be sent to users who would have office on their machine to use.
Regards,
Shashidhar

Hi
Thank you for additional information. Yes, we understand your requirements. We will keep you informed regarding status of this issue and immediately let you know once it is fixed.
Best regards,

Hi Alex,
Good morning, Can we have any timelines on how long would it take for you guys to address this or If you guys can provide a patch that fixes this? Please understand that this drives our decision as to whether we would go with Aspose.Words or not.
Regards,
Shashidhar

Hi Shashidhar,
Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, at the moment I cannot provide you any estimate regarding these issues. Our development team will analyze the issues and then we will provide you an estimate. I apologize for inconvenience.
Best regards,

A fix for the issue(s) you’ve reported (filed as 26041) will be released in the next release at the end of this month. You will be notified.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4615) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.