Converting to mpp to pdf different when using latest version 22.2 dll

Converting to mpp to pdf different when using latest version dll 22.2 vs 20.5.
The 20.5 version more accurately reflects when the file is opened in project.
Are there any flags, save options that can be used to get the accuracy back?

@davno,
Could you attach the sample MPP file so we can examine it ?

Original mpp, 20.5 pdf and 22.2 pdf in attached zip.
siteinfo.zip (117.8 KB)

@davno,
thank you for attached file.
As far as I see, the differences are the following:

1. gridlines are rendered using gray color instead of black in table section
  2. holidays are not highlighted in Gantt Chart section.

A ticket with ID TASKSNET-10485 has been created to resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

@vasiliysinitsyn, Thanks for the reply.

I am also getting a difference using the textabsorber to extract text from the generated pdf.

20.5 version:
“Resource Names Feb 23”

22.2 version:
“Resource Names S M T W T F S S M T W T F S S M T W T F S S M T W T F S S M Feb 23”

var textAbsorber = new TextAbsorber { ExtractionOptions = new TextExtractionOptions(TextExtractionOptions.TextFormattingMode.MemorySaving) };
page.Accept(textAbsorber);
var extractedText = textAbsorber.Text;

extract.7z (604 Bytes)

@davno,
I guess we changed order of elements of timescale in visual tree. Thus TextAbsorber traverses the tree and outputs the elements in different order:

[20.5] Feb 23, '09 Mar 2, '09 Mar 9, '09 S M T W T F S S M T W T F S S M T W T
vs
[22.2] S M T W T F S S M T W T F S S M T W T F S S M T W T F S S M Feb 23, '09 Mar 2, '09 Mar 9, '09 Mar 16, '09 Mar 23, '09.

Visually the timescales look almost the same.

Do you have a logic in your code which requires that order of elements returned by TextAbsorber should be the same in different versions?

@vasiliysinitsyn, I noticed it as caused one of our tests to fail. I have modified the test to cater for this difference in extracted text.

The issue TASKSNET-10485 (Fix rendering of holidays in Gantt Chart view) have been fixed in this update.

@davno

please note that difference

1. gridlines are rendered using gray color instead of black in table section

is not a bug – the color of sheet gridlines in attached sample file is set to gray, so they are rendered using gray color. Version 20.5 didn’t take gridline colors saved in MPP into account, so lines in the resulting file were black.