Converting word document to PDF/A 3B (PDF v1.7) - overlapped text

Hi,

I am using last versions of Aspose.Words and Aspose.Pdf .NET to convert word documents to PDF/A 3B (v1.7) because of mandatory using of pades in european union since 1st July 2016.
At first I save the word document with aspose. words to PDF v1.5 then I convert it using Aspose.PDF to PDF v1.7 and then finaly convert it to PDF/A 3B

Code snippet:

Public Function ConvertToPDFA(Bytes() As Byte) As Byte() Implements IConverterPDFA.ConvertToPDFA
Dim InStream As New MemoryStream(Bytes)
Dim OutStream As New MemoryStream()
Dim Word As New Aspose.Words.Document(InStream)
Dim PDFAOptions As New Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfSaveOptions()
PDFAOptions.Compliance = Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfCompliance.Pdf15
PDFAOptions.FontEmbeddingMode = Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfFontEmbeddingMode.EmbedAll
Word.Save(OutStream, PDFAOptions)

Dim OutStreamPDFA3 As New MemoryStream()
Dim ms As New MemoryStream
Dim pdf As New Aspose.Pdf.Document(OutStream)
pdf.Convert(ms, Aspose.Pdf.PdfFormat.v_1_7, Aspose.Pdf.ConvertErrorAction.Delete)
ms.Close()
ms.Dispose()
ms = New MemoryStream
pdf.Convert(ms, Aspose.Pdf.PdfFormat.PDF_A_3B, Aspose.Pdf.ConvertErrorAction.Delete)
pdf.Optimize()
pdf.OptimizeResources()
pdf.Save(OutStreamPDFA3)
ms.Dispose()

Return OutStreamPDFA3.ToArray
End Function

The problem is that after last step is performed the text in document is overlapped. Example document in attachment. I would really need this fixed before 1st July.

Thank Pilscom

Hi Pilscom,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested your scenario with shared document using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.2.0 and observed the text overlapping issue. For further investigation, I have logged an issue in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-40227 and also linked your request to it. We will keep you updated via this thread regarding the issue status.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;mso-fareast-font-family:
Calibri;color:#333333;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;
mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-40227) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.6.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.