Converting Word Document to PDF problem

Hi;

I’m facing a big problem when I convert a document from Word 2007 (docx) to PDF using the latest Aspose.Words for .net library (Versiom 8.0.0) running on .NET 3.5 sp1. The code per se is very simple:

static void Main(string[] args)
{
    string nombreEstatico = "Positiva1.";

Aspose.Words.License awlic = new Aspose.Words.License();
    awlic.SetLicense(@"C:\Program Files (x86)\Aspose\Aspose.Total.lic");

string MyDir = @"c:\TestDocs";

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + nombreEstatico + "docx");
    doc.SaveToPdf(MyDir + nombreEstatico + "outdirecto.pdf");
}

As you can see nothing fancy, just open a word 2007 document and a PDF convertion. But if you look at the resulting PDF something is very wrong on the third page. In the PDF there is a page break where there is none on the DOCX file. I’m suspecting a margin issue.

The Word 2007 document is restricted for editing with “aaaa” as the password. But that seems not to be the problem cause I have the same result with the protection removed.

I’m attaching the docx document and the resulting PDF.

Looking forward to have news from you,

Sincerly

Mauricio Sougarret
Software Architect
DATCO Peru

Hi

Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce it on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
As a workaround, you can try refactoring your document. If you need, I can help you to change the document.
Best regards.

Hi Alexey:

How can I refactor de DOCX so it will convert to a PDF without a hitch?

Best Regards.

Hi

Thanks for your request. You can just remove two unnecessary empty paragraphs from your document. Please see the attached screenshot.
I also sent the refactored document to your e-mail.
Best regards.

@msouga,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-3136) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.9 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.9 update.