Converting Word documents to PDF - layout issues

We're existing users of Aspose.Words to generate Word documents from our in-house systems. Documents created with this system, along with some TIFF and HTML files are uploaded to a client section on our website for clients to review. However clients have expressed dissatisfaction with the viewing experience, as the documents download one by one and open in their local copy of Word, Picture Viewer, IE or whatever, depending on the format of the document in question

Consequently, I've been tasked to look at building a unified document viewer. We're thinking that PDF would be the best format to use as we can then build a document viewer that will convert the files to PDF on the fly as they are called up by the user, regardless of whether they originate as word docs, TIFF files, etc. I'm trailling Aspose.PDF for this purpose.

Our problem is the conversion of the word documents to PDF. Due to historical issues we're stuck with some documents that are incredibly complex in layout, and they don't seem to convert very well to PDF when using Aspose.Words / Aspose.PDF . I attach a sample Word document to show the problem. If you convert it to PDF using Aspose.Words / Aspose.PDF you'll see that some elements in the document just don't convert very well. Is this a flaw with the Aspose products or are our documents just too complex for any tool to cope with.

Plan B would be to use the Aspose.Words viewer class once it's out of beta - assuming it could cope with our documents. Anyone else doing anything similar, and if so how are you doing it?

Hi,

I have tested your document and was able to reproduce the error. I have logged this as PDFNET-4520 in our issue tracking system. We will try our best to resolve this as soon as possible.

Thanks.