Converting Word to PDF using SaveToPdf gives poor result

Hello,

I’m currently evaluating aspose.words and I have a little problem with the result of a conversion from Word to PDF.
I’ve attached both the word file and the pdf result so you can see what i mean.

The issues with the conversion are:

1. On the second page, the A3 format one, there is a drawing whit colored background which does not get through the conversion.

2. The table at the end of the document does not get correctly converted either. The conversion causes the table to change its width or so.

I’m using the standard SaveToPDF method as explained in the API reference :

Document doc = new Document(word_filename);
doc.SaveToPdf(pdf_filenamr);

Please advise

João Neves

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. I managed to reproduce the first problem on my side. Your request has been linked to appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Regarding the second problem, I cannot reproduce it using the latest version of Aspose.Words (6.6.0). You can download this version from here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
Best regards,

Hi,
Thanks for the prompt reply… really nice.

I just downloaded the version 6.6.0 as you’ve proposed but i must tell you that it still is converting the table incorrectly. Am I missing something?

Regards
João Neves

Hi

Thank you for additional information. Could you please be more specific regarding the issue with table, I cannot see any problems during converting using the latest version of Aspose.Words. Please attach also your output PDF.
Best regards,

Good morning,

I’m sorry if I wasn’t specific enough.
You can see this table conversion issue, by looking into the attachments I posted initially.
All the way at the end of the LIGHT [L-UE] BOSS TA.doc word file you can see the table in the desired format, and if you look at the LIGHT [L-UE] BOSS TA.pdf file you’ll see what I mean.

Cheers
João Neves

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I cannot reproduce the problem with table using the latest version of Aspose.Words. Please make sure, you use the latest version of Aspose.Words in your application. The output PDF generated on my side looks fine. I sent it to your e-mail.
Best regards,

Hi,
I now see that you are right. With the version 6.6.0 this is working just fine. Thank you for that!.
Could you tell me when will I receive some feedback regarding the color issue (first issue mentioned before)?

Regards
João Neves

It is perfect, that you already resolved the problem with table. Currently I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding the first issue. We will try to resolve this issue before the next hotfix, which will be published within 3-4 weeks. I will notify you once it is resolved.

Best regards,

Great!
Thanks a lot.

João Neves

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 10484) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.