Converting WordML to PresentationML

I would like to automate Powerpoint presentation production from Word documents. Is there an automated way to convert the WordML (from the Word document) to PresentationML using Aspose products?

Hi
Thank you for your interest in Aspose products. There is no direct way to achieve this. But I think you can use Aspose.Words and Aspose.Slides to create such application. Could you please provide me more information about your needs? If you need I can help you to create converter from Word to PoverPoint.
Please see the following link to learn more about Aspose.Words and Aspose.Slides.
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/product-overview/
https://docs.aspose.com/slides/net/product-overview/
Best regards.

One of my customers who publishes text books also produces supplementary Powerpoint presentation to accompany the text book. They would like authors to write the supplementary text in a styled Word document and then have my company automate the production of Powerpoint presentation from the Word document.
I am attaching the Word document and the PPT template for your review. Any solutions would be welcome. We are currently exploring an XML – XSLT based approach.
Regards
AVR

Hi
Thank you for additional information. I spend few hours and created sample class that you can use to convert your document to Powerpoint presentation. (see attachment)

ConverterDoc2Ppt converter = new ConverterDoc2Ppt();
//Open template presentation
Presentation template = new Presentation(@"Test001\in.ppt");
//Open document
Document inputDoc = new Document(@"Test001\in.doc");
//Convert Word document to Powerpoint presentation
Presentation outputPresentation = converter.Convert(inputDoc, template);
//Save output document
outputPresentation.Write(@"Test001\out.ppt");

This is not final version. There is many DOC features that are not supported by this converter. If you need I can improve it, but I need more time to achieve this.
Also if you need I can send result presentation generated by this converter (if so please provide me your e-mail).
Hope this helps.
Best regards.

1 Like

Hi Alexey,

I’m interested in converting Word documents to PowerPoint as well. Could you give me some guidance as to how to best accomplish this?

Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your inquiry. The only way I can suggest to achieve such conversion is creating your own converter using Aspose.Words and Aspose.Slides. You can try using the same technique as suggested in my previous answer.
Best regards.

Perfect… thanks for making that file accessible.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Convert WordML to presentation