Converting XBRL file to PDF - evaluation text is not getting removed and most of the data has been ignored into target file

private static void AsposeFun()
{
var sourceDir = “C:\Project\XBRL\”;
var outputDir = “C:\Project\XBRL\”;
// Load XBRL document
XbrlDocument document = new XbrlDocument(sourceDir + @“CONF-ATO-IITR-SRP-004_Prefill_Response_03.xml”);

Aspose.Finance.License license = new Aspose.Finance.License();
        license.SetLicense("Aspose.Financefor.NET.lic");

// Set save options
        Aspose.Finance.Xbrl.SaveOptions saveOptions = new Aspose.Finance.Xbrl.SaveOptions();
        saveOptions.SaveFormat = Aspose.Finance.Xbrl.SaveFormat.XLSX;

// Save XBRL as XLSX in File Stream
        FileStream fs = new FileStream("sample_out_1.xlsx", FileMode.Create);
        document.Save(fs, saveOptions);

// Open an Excel file
        Workbook workbook = new Workbook(fs);
        workbook.Save(outputDir + "Aspose_sample_output_1.pdf");

}

@rachit.patel,

I have reviewed your sample code segment. Since you are converting an XBRL file to PDF in two steps using the Aspose.Finance (XBRL to XLSX) and Aspose.Cells (XLSX to PDF) APIs, you will also need to use and set an Aspose.Cells license in the code at the beginning of your program for the task. Please obtain and use an Aspose.Cells license file, and then set it in the code (refer to the documentation on licensing for your reference). This should resolve any issues. Let us know if you encounter any further problems.

Hi Amjad,

Thanks for quick response.

Is there a way to convert the XBRL to PDF directly without Aspose.Cells? I just want to use the Aspose.Finance API only but couldn’t find the code.

Can you help in this?

image001.png (1.04 KB)

@rachit.patel,

We are sorry but currently Aspose.Finance does not support rendering XBRL to PDF directly, so you have to use both Aspose.Finance and Aspose.Cells APIs for the task.

Moreover, we will evaluate your requested feature (XBRL to PDF rendering using Aspose.Finance). We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): FINANCENET-331

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hi Amjad,

We don’t mind buying and using both license as far as it generates the desired output.

After setting up license for Cells, the evaluation text has been removed but the main issue still exist. It is not converting all the data from source file. I have attached source and output file for your reference. It is very crucial for us to convert all the data if we have to go ahead with Aspose. Can you please advise on this?

.Net Code :

var sourceDir = “C:\Project\XBRL\”;

var outputDir = “C:\Project\XBRL\”;

// Load XBRL document

XbrlDocument document = new XbrlDocument(sourceDir + @“CONF-ATO-IITR-SRP-004_Prefill_Response_03.xml”);

Aspose.Finance.License license = new Aspose.Finance.License();

license.SetLicense(“Aspose.Financefor.NET.lic”);

Aspose.Cells.License lic = new Aspose.Cells.License();

lic.SetLicense(“Aspose.Cellsfor.NET.lic”);

// Set save options

Aspose.Finance.Xbrl.SaveOptions saveOptions = new Aspose.Finance.Xbrl.SaveOptions();

saveOptions.SaveFormat = Aspose.Finance.Xbrl.SaveFormat.XLSX;

// Save XBRL as XLSX in File Stream

FileStream fs = new FileStream(“sample_out_2.xlsx”, FileMode.Create);

document.Save(fs, saveOptions);

// Open an Excel file

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(fs);

workbook.Save(outputDir + “Aspose_sample_output_2.pdf”);

image001.png (1.04 KB)

Aspose_sample_output_2.pdf (43.5 KB)

(Attachment CONF-ATO-IITR-SRP-004_Prefill_Response_03.xml is missing)

CONF-ATO-IITR-SRP-004_Prefill_Response_03.zip (1.6 KB)

@rachit.patel,

Thanks for the sample files.

I did test your scenario/case using your sample XBRL file and sample code snippet. I found some data is clipped in the output XLSX by Aspose.Finance and hence the output PDF by Aspose.Cells has some data missing as well. I have attached the output XLSX file by Aspose.Finance for your reference. We request you to kindly share an Excel file with your expected results (which should have all the data intact), you may create such a file in MS Excel manually. We will then evaluate and may log a ticket for it into our database for investigation and resolution.
sample_out_2.zip (7.3 KB)

Hi Amjad,

Please ignore the previous xsd file I sent, that was the wrong one.

Please refer the correct attached file in this email for you reference. Apology for inconvenience.

image001.png (1.04 KB)

(Attachment ato.iitr.0010.2023.prefill.response.01.00.report.xsd is missing)

@rachit.patel,

We could not find the resource files in your previous post/mail. Could you please zip the resource files again and attach the zipped archive here in this thread? We will check your issue soon.

Hi Amjad

Rachit is currently on leave and has asked me to attach the zip file again.

Please let me know if you are still not seeing the file.

Kind regards

image001.png (538 Bytes)

image002.png (606 Bytes)

image003.png (518 Bytes)

image004.png (702 Bytes)

image001.png (1.04 KB)

ato.iitr.0010.2023.prefill.response.01.00.report.zip (30.8 KB)

@rachit.patel,

I checked and found you only provided XSD (XML Schema File). We also need the following:

1. XBRL file
  2. XLSX file with your expected results in first step, you may manually create such such a file in MS Excel.

Once we receive the above mentioned files, we will start investigating your issue and may log a ticket for it.