Converting XLS & XML files to PDF format

Hi Team,

I’m looking into your aspose.pdf product family and was hoping you could help me understand if it can do what we need.

Our company has a series of XML files that are sent to us our clients. We have some XSL stylesheets that convert these XMLs into a more usable form using an IE based browser built into C#. The browser is fine for viewing and printing the stylesheet, but we wish to be able to programmatically convert them into a PDF format so that we can process them better, and were hoping your pdf software libraries could do that.

It sounds like the pdf.bindxslfo(string xml, String xsl) method might be able to do that, but the method doesn’t seem to be enabled in your trial version. Also, I’m not sure exactly what xsl-FO is or how it relates to .xsl so excuse me if I’m missing something.

Hi James,

Thanks for your inquiry. You can use Aspose.Pdf for .NET To convert XML+XSL to PDF programmattically. Please check following documentation link for the purpose.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Right, the example xsl has a specific format which I’ve seen mentioned in the documentation. Header, Section, segment, etc.

I just want to make sure it can export the xsl/xml documents as they currently exist, and that they don’t necessarily need to be in a special format to export.

Hi James,

Thanks for your feedback. Please note Aspose.Pdf has its own XML Schema and Aspose.Pdf engine expects it’s schema compliant XML+XSLT. So it is necessary to follow the schema to use Aspose.Pdf for XML to PDF conversion. Please check following documentation for details.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Ok, thank you for the help.