ConvertStringToNumericValue Bug Found - Fix Requested

Hello,

I have been using Aspose.Cells 4.4 for .NET and have found a bug when using the ConvertStringToNumericValue method on Worksheet.Cells. If a cell contains a single period ("."), the ConvertStringToNumericValue throws a System.Format exception becasue it is trying to convert that cell to a double.

Here is the source code that I was using to test this (nothing special here):

License license = new License();

license.SetLicense("Aspose.Total.lic");

Workbook workbook = new Workbook();

workbook.Open("Data.xls");

workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells.ConvertStringToNumericValue();

workbook.Save("ProcessedData.xls");

I have the Excel file that I have attempted to use the ConvertStringToNumericValue method against. You will notice that under column B, there is a cell containing a single period. This is what causes the exception.

This exception seems to happen for both the .NET 1.1 and 2.0 version of Aspose.Cells. It seems to me that the ConvertStringToNumericValue method should be catching and handling this exception so that the rest of the file can be processed. If you are able to reproduce this, when do you expect to have this bug fixed?

Thanks,

Kyle

Hi,

I don't find the problem, Could you try the attached version.

Thank you.

Thanks for the quick response. I tried the Aspose.Cell.dll that you included and it seems to be working now. It appears that the version you included is version 4.4.0.5 of Aspose.Cells. Do you know what other changes or fixes have been made since the last released version (4.4.0.0)?

Thanks for your help!

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Well, you may use this version without any problem. This version includes all the features of 4.4.0.0 and a few additions, fixation and feature enhancement, i.e., CreateList feature enhancement, Date Sorting feature added, Excel2Pdf conversion enhancement, PivotCharts feature, pivot table enhancement and a few others issue resolved.

Thank you.