Copy Fields Not Populated

Here is the sameple project I created: I have a shell for the license file, but you will need to populate it. I did not feel confortable including our actual License file (and you will need it because there is a number limitation without it).

I will try to best explain the issue I am seeing. The weird thing about this issue is that I could NOT reproduce it when I created a test CONSOLE project, but I could using a ASP.WEB project (which is how we are using it in Production).

How we use Aspose.Pdf: We have PDF forms that have fields and programmatically we populate the fields using the FillForm method of the Pdf.Facades.Form class.

The issue: If we take an existing PDF document that already has fields, copy and paste those fields (using Adobe DC) on the same form. Save the form, those copied fields DO NOT get populated.

Weirdness: If we go BACK into the form and simply rename the copied fields (ie append a 1), then RENAME it back (remove the 1), it will now populate as desired.

I have provided a sample project. Here is how to reproduce it:
Open and Run the project.
Click the RUN SAMPLE CODE button.
Navigate to the OUTPUT folder of the project.
Open the PDF file and see the missing data at the top of the page.

Next, navigate to the INPUT folder of the project and EDIT the PDF form and as described above, rename some of the fields that didnt populate the first run. Then rename them back to the original name, and save.

Run the project again, and click the RUN SAMPLE CODE button. Now navigate to the Output directory and view the PDF. You will see that those fields are populated.

If you would like to refresh your input PDF file, then click the REFRESH INPUT FILE button and it will take you back to the original state of the input file.

I hope this make sense and we are looking forward to a solution.

Thank you,
Chris

@Christopher44

Thank you for contacting support.

We have worked with the data shared by you and have been able to reproduce the issue in our environment. A ticket with ID PDFNET-44851 has been logged in our issue management system for further investigation and resolution. The ticket ID has been linked with this thread so that you will receive notification as soon as the ticket is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.