Copy MS Excel 2007 2010 tables and conditional formatting for a sheet in .NET

when i use addcopy to copy a worksheet it does not copy the excel 2007 table formatting

it also doesn't copy conditinal formatting

i am using aspose.cells.dll version 4.8.0

what is the recommended approach when I have a template worksheet that I want to make a copy of and then populate with data and then make another copy and populate, etc.

thanks

alan

Hi Alan,

Well, currently, Aspose.Cells for .NET does not support to copy MS Excel 2007 tables and conditional formatting for a sheet when it is copied.

We will look into the feature soon.

Thank you.

If I wanted to write code myself to do this are there any guidelines for how to do it or is there an alternative that might allow me to merge sheets from different books that won't lose tables/formatting?

Thanks again,

Alan

Hi Alan,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

We will try to support your required feature soon. I am afraid, currently there is no work around available for your issue.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused,

Is there any news on this feature???

It's difficult to explain to end users why I can't copy the worksheet that they've provided as a template to other tabs in the same spreadsheet!

They are asking me to look for alternatives.

I am generally very happy with Aspose but the absense feature is a problem for us.

Please help.

Thanks!

Alan

Hi,

Please try the attached latest fix, it supports to copy conditional formatting when using Worksheets.AddCopy() or Worksheet.Copy() methods.

Thank you.

The conditional format is now copied but tables are still not copied??? Tables are an integral part of excel 2007 so I really really need this to work:) Please advise.

Thanks again,

Alan

Hi,

Please the attached version. Now we have also supported copying Excel 2007 Table(List objects) in copying worksheet/workbook.

Thank you.

Great! Aspose is awesome. I’ll let you know if I find other problems with copying… Thanks! Alan