Copy-Paste issue in Aspose.WebGrid

Hello,

I’m having a trouble with copy-paste functionality for Aspose.WebGrid
Let’s start with that fact, that your online demo is not working right now with copy-paste (Ctrl-C + Ctrl-V) Firefox 8.0 and Google Chrome 15.0.874.121 throw message “ctl00_APITree_Data is not define” if you look at console output in firebug. As for IE 9.0.3 it constantly throws "SCRIPT5009: ‘OnMouseOut’ is undefined " errors and actually whole grid isn’t working at all.

I’ve made my local sample prototyping project and here is the result:
1) For FF error “
window.clipboardData is undefined” in acwmain.js appears
2)For chrome message pops up (modal dialog with only Ok button) stating “That command cannot be used on multiple selections” even if I select only one cell.
3) IE9 works fine! I can copy-paste from Excel directly onto WebGrid and vice-versa.

My question is: “How can I force FF and Google Chrome work the same way, as Internet Exporer?”
Is there any limitations for copy-paste functionality?

Thank You in advance,
Denis

Could anyone comment something on this?
We actually already own Aspose.Cells license, so it will be great, if somebody will help us

Hi,

Please use our Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version).

Kindly create a demo project to show the issue with screen shots, attach the project here (you may zip it), so that we may check your issue accurately and log them into our database to figure the issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi, Amjad!
Thank You for your reply.
I’ve attached the sample project. Inside the archive, there is a screenshot with firebug content. Screenshot was made right after trying to copy-paste a couple of cells.
Version of WebGrid is 2.7.0.2000. acw_main is also the newest one.

And I also have additional question: It is stated, that WebGrid was merged with Aspose.Cells. But why do I use dll from .Net 2.0 folder? Does this mean, that WebGrid is not being developed anymore?

Thank You in advance,
Denis

Seems, that previous attachment wasn’t uploaded successfully. Here is the next try

Stack trace, which appears after clicking onto previous attachment looks nice.

Here is the try from IE9

As forum’s uploader seems to be in unworkable condition, here is this attachment again:http://depositfiles.com/files/e3z35xw4f

Seems, that today all my previous attachments became valid.
Strange…

Hi,

Thanks for your project, yes we received it now.

We need to evaluate your issue thoroughly. I have logged a ticket with an id: CELLSNET-40166. We will look into it soon and get back to you.

Thank you.

Hi,

After investigation we come to know that your issue looks more complex than it looks to be fixed. So, we might fix it in some future versions and not soon.
Once it is fixed, we will let you know here.

Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Has this ever been fixed or is it still outstanding? Is there any way to track this issue?

Hi,

We are sorry but the status of your issue is still “In Progress” as I checked our issue tracking system. As I mentioned previously your issue is more complex and may take some time to be fixed/supported. Also, I have asked the relevant developer to share an eta for it or share the progress, e.g what has been accomplished so far or other details related to your issue if possible. Once I get any update from him, I will let you know here.

Moreover, since the issue tracking system is our internal system and only Aspose staff members could access it, so, I am afraid, you will always have to ask us to know the status of your issue.

Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Hi,

Please try our latest fix/version: Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version)
We have fixed the issue.

Let us know your feedback here.

Thank you

Hi,

Please ignore the previous fix as there was an issue regarding context menu options (Cut, Copy and Paste) on browsers other than IE.

Please try the fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version) , it should work fine for context menu options on chrome browser type or others now.

Let us know if you still find any issue.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40166) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Surprised I never received an email that there was a response to this thread.

I will try the provided fix. Thank you very much

It appears to be working in IE and Firefox. :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Good to know that your issue is resolved with the new version(s) of the product (Aspose.Cells.GridWeb).

Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.