Copy Paste Issue

Hi,

We are trying to copy a cell over a range of cell. We have seen this behavior in excel and would like to duplicate the same.

Unfortunately the source cell is being copied only to the first target cell, and not the entire range. We are attaching the sample code for a console app to reproduce the issue.

Please advice.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

It seems to be a new feature. We have added a request for it in our database. We will look into it and implement it. Once, the issue is resolved, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41553.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We have fixed the issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.2.4 and let us know your feedback.

Shakeel,

Just checked the issue with your update.

The issue is not resolved, and I see the same output as before. I also verified the build release of the Aspose dll in the bin folder to ensure it has been correctly updated / replaced.

Kindly test the same at your side and confirm.

Thanks.

Hi,

You are right. The output is same as it was previous. We have reopened this issue. We will look into it and resolve it and get back to you asap.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We have fixed the issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.2.5 and let us know your feedback.

Hi Shakeel,

I just checked with the console app, and the fix is working as expected.

Many thanks for quick turn-around on this.

I will go ahead and integrate the latest fix library with the application, run the regression tests and let you know if I need any other assistance.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Good to know that your issue is fixed
with the latest version. If you face any other issue, please feel free to post
on our forum. We will be happy to help you more.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41553) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi Shakeel,

Unfortunately the new fix has broken certain copy paste features which were working fine previously. I have confirmed this by running a few test cases on both “7.4.2.5” and “7.4.2.0”.

I am attaching an exhaustive test case fixture which you can execute at your side as well to confirm the scope of the issue.

Also please note that Copy Paste over the locked cell(s) is still happening, which is unlike the behavior in excel. I would expect that either an exception is thrown or a falsy value is returned from the Copy APIs since it is currently returning void and should not break any functionality for other users. Let me know what approach is recommended…

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

After running your test cases, we have got the following output. We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and resolve this issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41745.

Console Output:
Test Case 1 : Single Cell copy over Single Cell
Test Case 1 : SUCCESS!

Test Case 2 : Single Cell copy over Multiple Cells
Test Case 2 : SUCCESS!

Test Case 3 : Multiple Cells copy over Single Cell
Test Case 3 : FAILED!

Test Case 4 : Multiple Cells copy over Multiple Cells
Test Case 4 : FAILED!

Test Case 5 : Multiple Cells copy over More Row Multiple Cells
Test Case 5 : SUCCESS!

Test Case 6 : Multiple Cells copy over More Row & Column Multiple Cells
Test Case 6 : FAILED!

Test Case 7 : Copy over locked cells
Test Case 7 : FAILED!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41745) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Team Aspose,

The team has checked the fix, and all the issues have been fixed.

Kudos to you all.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

It is good to know that all of the issues have been fixed. If you encounter any other issue, please feel free to post on forums, we will be glad to help you further.