Copy sheet lost activeX control all properties and control becomes a simple shape control

We have activeX buttons on a sheet, I found if I append and copy that sheet to a new sheet, that activeX button becomes purely shape control and lost all properties. The whole workbook copy has no this issue, it happens to sheet copy only. Is it possible to get it resolved?

e.g. myworkbook contains Sheet1, which has a ActiveX button on it.

_asposeOrigWorkbook = new Workbook("c:\\Orig1Sheet.xlsx");
_asposeOrigWorkbook.getWorksheets().addCopy(0);
_asposeOrigWorkbook.save("c:\\Copied2Sheet.xlsx");

Open "Copied2Sheet.xlsx", you will see the newly added sheet only contains a Shape button control.

Please help with that issue.

Hi,

Thanks for the sample files and code segment.

I can notice the issue as you mentioned. After processing the code segment with your template file, the copied sheet has a shape control in the output file. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-40508” for your issue. We will look into your issue soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hey, thanks a lot for your quick response. Please update me ASAP, our product is close to release, that's a critical issue for the feature.

Thank you.

Irene

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Please spare us some time. Once, we will have some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Any updates?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

We are afraid, there is no update for you at this moment. However, we have logged your comment in our database. Once there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We are afraid, we could not support copying ActiveX control as we just keep them and not
parse them now.

We have no plan to parse them now.

Hey, Shakeel,

Per my understanding, the workbook copy works for ActiveX control, it only happens to sheet copy. The sheet copy should also keep all the properties from original sheet, right? We are not requiring to manipulate those ActiveX controls,just a copy of them. The related "activeX"folder files be copied over. I think that is a defect of sheet copy function of aspose.

We are using Aspose as our enterprise product's excel processing tool, it is very critical to keep the original informaiton. That defect stops main feature of our product.

Please help to have a consideration, thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

We have logged your comments in our database. We will look into it and once we have some update relating to it we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Please download and try our latest fix/version: Aspose.Cells for Java v7.5.3.3. We have supported to copy the controls, see the sample code below:
E.g.
Sample code:

_asposeOrigWorkbook.getSettings().setEnableMacros(true);

_asposeOrigWorkbook.getWorksheets().addCopy(0);

asposeOrigWorkbook.save("c:\\Copied2Sheet.xlsx");

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40508) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.