Copying PDF pages from a password-protected document

Hello

I have a question about using password-protected document.
In our web server we (Everteam) have finished to replace a very old pdf lib with your Aspose.PDF library, it works well, and we thank you for helping us in this process by answering our questions.

I have another question: our customers are large companies that use our server for enterprise content management, and they process and transform a lot of documents.
Some of these documents are password-protected pdfs (our customers don’t control the origin of the documents they have to process), so we had modified the old library to ignore the password and process them anyway, and thus be able to copy the content for processing.

We are now wondering if there is a way to continue to ignore these passwords and to process all the documents.

Is there a solution?

Best regards
jmf

@everteamjmf

It depends upon the password type and restrictions applied to the PDF documents you want to process. If a document does not have a user password and allows page extraction, you can still process it without initializing it with a password. You can share a sample PDF with us in case you face any issues. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Hello and thank you very much for your quick answer.

I opened this ticket because I was afraid I couldn’t read password protected PDFs, but everything is fine: even if Document.isEncrypted() == true, the pages are all read and copied to a destination PDF document.
However Adobe shows that all rights are indicated “Not allowed” but this does not prevent the copy, and that’s what we need!

I should have tested before so as not to bother you for nothing, I’m sorry and I apologize for that.

You can close this ticket.
Best regards
jmf

@everteamjmf

It is nice to hear that your requirements are achieved. Please feel free to create a new topic in case you need further assistance.