CoreCLR support plans for Aspose.Cells

Later this year we can expect a new version of CLR from Microsoft with Linux support which opens new hosting options. What are your plans to support it?

I guess on the technical level the question is how hard is to port Aspose.Cells to the new CLR given it’s going to be a subset of Full CLR.

Thanks

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for your posting and considering Aspose.Cells.

We try to support as many platforms as we could, so hopefully, Aspose.Cells will also support new version of CLR. However, to guide you better, we have logged this question in our database for investigation. We will look into it and advise you. Once, there is some news for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-43498 - CoreCLR support plans for Aspose.Cells

Any update on the subject?

It looks like Microsoft will release CoreCLR this year. Maybe sooner than we think. Any particular plans to move Aspose.Cells to CoreCLR. We have customers who would like to run our solution on Linux servers.

Hi Dmitry,

I am afraid, we haven’t received any news from the product team. Please spare us a day or two so we could get touch with them to collect the analysis results regarding your request and post here for your kind reference.

Hi again,

I am afraid, we currently do not have any plans to provide support for CoreCLR with Aspose.Cells APIs. However, we will keep the aforementioned ticket open in order to collect more requests in this regard, and bring the requested feature on our road map as soon as we have sufficient number of requests.

Thank you for your understanding.

@dzmitry.martynau,

The feature is supported. Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v18.7:

Please try Aspose.Cells.Dll from “netStandard2.0” folder.

Let us know your feedback.