Correct fonts not showing up

Hello,

I just moved the site where i’m using aspose.words to a new server. When I generate a PDF there’s specific Font that’s not showing up correctly. I copied the font to the new servers Windows\Font directory and it’s still not working. Do I have to set any special permissions on the server in order to get it to read the font correctly?

Thanks in advance,

Lee

Hi

Thanks for your request. You should install fonts on your server, not just copy fonts. When you install fonts, the appropriate entry is written into registry.
During rendering Aspose.Words needs to read all fonts to create map of font name to font file names. Aspose.Words reads list of installed fonts from registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE * SOFTWARE * Microsoft * Windows NT * CurrentVersion * Fonts

Then, when you convert some document to PDF the appropriate font files are read in order to create font subset, which will be stored in the file.
Best regards.

Hello,

Thanks for the response. There actually is a registry entry for the font that’s not getting displayed correctly…

Palace Script MT (TrueType)

PALSCRI.TTF

… any other reasons why it wouldn’t display correctly?

Thanks!

Hi

Thanks for your request. Could you please attach this font and sample document here for testing? I will check the issue on my side and provide you more information.
Best regards.