Corrupt PDF (passing html as source)

Hi Guys,

We are using Windows 2012 R2 server core and are having major issues with converting html to pdf it is just not doing it.

The pdf source code is html.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks,

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested again HTML to PDF conversion over Windows Server 2012 R2 using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.1.0 and unable to notice any issue. Please share your sample code along with input/output files and some more details about the issue, so we will look into it and will guide you accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Did you try it on a Windows 2012 R2 CORE server? As to replicate this you will need to use server CORE.

Can you please let me know.

Thanks,

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your feedback. I am using Windows 2012 R2 GUI mode. As stated above, please share your sample code and input/output files and some more details of the problem. We will look into it and will guide you accordingly.

Best Regards,

Hi Tital,

Just to let you know we resolved the issue.

Windows 2012 R2 server core does not have Times New Roman installed on it and this causes Aspose PDF to throw an exception and this in your product returns the html.

If any customers install Times New Roman onto server core aspose PDF works. Can this be added as something that needs to be fixed?

Thanks,

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your feedback and it is good to know that your have managed to resolved the issue. yes, It is required to install/copy the referenced font on the system.

In your scenario, API should fallback to system default font if the referenced font not available on the system. As requested earlier, we need to replicate the issue at our end to suggest/resolve anything. We will appreciate it if you please input/output files and source code. We will look into these and guide you accordingly.

Best Regards,