Corrupt PPT slide when cloning slides selected with GetSlideByPosition

The attached project reproduces a problem where cloning the individual slides from a base PPT generates a corrupt output slide when using GetSlideByPosition to get the slide. Specifically, slide11.ppt in the output is corrupt, while it is viewable in the source document.

We changed to use GetSlideByPosition(i) to work around the issues encountered in Free Support Forum - aspose.com so using Slides[i] is not an option.

Kyle Millns
kyle.millns@savogroup.com
Product Developer
SAVO

Dear Kyle,

I have verified the issue specified by you. As per my thinking, the issue is of slide 11 generating a corrupt presentation is not related to use of GetSlideByPosition() method. An issue with ID 19739 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the problem. This thread has also been linked with the issue, so that you may be automatically notified, once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

I need to escalate this issue. SAVO (our company) is currently working through a priority support agreement with Aspose.

I need a fix and delivery date on this issue.

Please advise on how we will move forward.

Seth Goldstein
Director of Development at SAVO

Dear Seth,

In order to expedite the investigation and resolution of issue, I may suggest you to please use your available priority support slots. If you wish to move this thread to Aspose.Priority forum then please share your thoughts with us, so that we can act upon accordingly.

Thanks and Regards,

Dear Seth,

Our development team has investigated the matter and I have received response from development team. Unfortunately it is one of known issues. Actually, all master styles removed from master slides. As a result, cloned slides can be broken with a very high probability.

The possible workaround for splitting such slides is:

1. Opening presentation, remove all slides except the first one, save it.
  2. Open again; remove all slides except the second one, save.
  3. Repeat for each side.

In case of large source presentation it can be slow enough. If presentation is not very large then it can be even quicker than slides cloning.

Similarly, splitted slides can’t be merged back by cloning because of the same source problem because of Master slides without styles.

Thanks and Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan