Corrupted document generates blank slide in Powerpoint 07

Hello,

All attached presentations don’t have any style information. Styles stored in the standard text on master slides:

Click to edit Master text styles

Second level

Third level

Fourth level

Fifth level

Since it’s removed there is no such information.

I updated 1b.ppt to include the requested standard text styles on the master slide and the problem persists. Please use the attached updated 1b.ppt to reproduce the problem if that is a concern.

Hi,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you. I have been able to clone the source slide in target presentation and successfully opened the file in PowerPoint 2007. I have used Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.2.0, which is available here. For your kind reference, i have shared the generated presentation as well.

Thanks and Regards,

That single slide is not enough to reproduce the problem. Please see the attached project that reproduces the issue.

If you open the document generated by the sample project, powerpoint will complain that the document is corrupt.

Hello,

If I’m not mistaken you added these text blocks manually to the master slide. They are just standard text and not styles containers.

To repair presentation you should:
1. Create new empty presentation in PowerPoint. It already has all necessary styles.
2. Copy master slide background from you presentation to the main master of this new presentation.
3. Copy content of all slides from your presentation to the new one.
4. Save new created presentation.

The attached presentation has been updated as you instructed with the contents copied to newly created slides and the master information copied into the default master templates. The problem persists even with these changes. The updated component files are 1d.ppt to 5d.ppt.

Kyle Millns
kyle.millns@savogroup.com
Product Developer
SAVO

Dear Kyle,

I have observed and utilized the code snippet shared by you. You have been using Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.1.1 in your application. Please try using intermediate version of Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.2.1, which is available here. I have shared the generated presentation and modified project source. Please share your findings, if the problem still persists.

Thanks and Regards,

Mudassir,

The problem persists with the intermediate build. The reproduction project is attached.

Also, is there a timeline for when this intermediate build will be released as a final build?

Kyle Millns
kyle.millns@savogroup.com
Product Developer
SAVO

Dear Kyle,

We have worked on the project code provided by you and modified that for error free generation of presentation file. We feel there is something wrong with BlankPresentation.ppt. So, we have changed source code and removed unnecessary use of BlankPresentation. We have also replaced all Slides(n) calls with GetSlideByPosition(n). The code works fine now and the generated presentation has no problems in getting opened.

Thanks and Regards,