Corruption to Excel 2007 File

Hi

I recently upgraded my application from VB2005 to VB2008 but started to have errors that I have tracked down to Aspose cells. I currently have version 4.6 of Aspose Cells. I am doing a workbook.save to excel 2007 format and it creates a file that cannot be opened on Excel even with open and repair selected. However a save to Excel 2003 works fine.

I have attempted to install version 4.8 on a trial basis as forum entries suggest the upgrade might fix this. The installation fails to complete.

I have tried version 4.7 which installs OK but I think the trial key obtained today by email does not work with 4.7 ?

I am using Vista 64 Ultimate SP2

If I can asertain whether 4.8 fixes the original problem, we will go ahead and purchase the upgrade. Can you help at all? I have already spent a day trying to fix this.

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark,

Please try our latest fix v4.8.0.11 for 64 bit machines, it is a dll version so you may simply add reference to the Aspose.Cells.dll file in your project to test if it works fine. If you still find the issue kindly let us know about it.

We did test installing Aspose.Cells for .NET v4.8.0.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/entry195573.aspx on Vista and it works fine, we will further look into installing the installer on Vista 64 Ultimate SP2, we will get back to you soon.

I have tried version 4.7 which installs OK but I think the trial key obtained today by email does not work with 4.7 ?
Do you use a temporary licnese or permanent(fully functional license) to use the version 4.7 and what is the license expiry date (you may simply open the license file into notepad and check the Expiry Date in it).

Thank you.

Thanks for the help

The 4.8.0.11 fixed the excel 2007 corruption problem. We will still need the vista 64 ultimate installation to work though, especially once we purchase the upgrade - in order to install future upgrades during the year.

By the way, why not make the DLLs always available anyway to help in cases of installer failure. From memory I have had this problem with Aspose and Vista 64 installs a year or so ago?

Regards

Mark

Hi
I am getting an error when I try to publish my solution which seems to be to do with 32/64 bit incompatibilities. Was the DLL you sent a 64 bit one? If so, could you supply the 32 bit one for continuing my testing?
Thanks
Mark

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Please try the attached fix of Aspose.Cells for 32 bit machine and let us know if it works fine for you.

Thank You & Best Regards,