Corupted pptx

The application splits presentation to the list of presentations with one slide and then merges it into one pptx. Source presentation should be the same as target presentation, however there are 2 issues:

1. the pptx file is corrupted, “Repair…” popup is displayed and some slide’s content is missing
  2. the footer/disclaimer is outside the slide edge

The simplified code of our application is attached.

1.Issue with corrupted pptx
After upgrade ASPOSE PDF to 17.8 and Slides to 17.7 we observed high usage of CPU while attached presentation is processed. Our production server currently has 2 CPUs and 20 GB RAM. The problem is that a request of the application is stuck and never ends, causing the high consumption in one of the CPUs. One of CPU is continuously with a consumption of 100% and the other is totally idle. The task that the application is trying to perform can be checked in the screenshot of log that is attached. The application is trying to build a PPTX using Aspose PDF (copyToTArray) and it never ends.
After upgrade ASPOSE PDF and Slides both to 17.8 the application works without problems with stuck tasks, however the exported pptx file is corrupted, “Repair…” popup is displayed and some slide’s content is missing.

2.Issue with text out of Slide
The issues appeared after upgrade of Aspose Slide to version 17.8.

Attachments: simplified code of our application, report of CPU usage and log with stuck job. attachments.zip (2.6 MB)

@rocpol,

I have observed your comments. Can you please try to use Aspose.Slides latest version 17.11 on your end and if there is still an issue than please share environment details with us for further investigation.

@Adnan.Ahmad,

thanks for your response. I`ve tested application (this simplified one from the attachment) with newest version of Aspose.Slides and Apose.Pdf libraries. Unfortunately the problem still occurs. The output .pptx file is corrupted and there is no way to open it.

The base file is 218 slides long. When i modified the code to proccess less slides, the main job (which is to merge .pptx file again) works fine, but the maximum amount of slides must not be greater than 170, and even then there still remains a little problem with footer (footer text somehow is not in one line anymore and because of that it`s out of slide).

So, upgrading didn`t work.

@rocpol,

I have observed the issues shared by you and have been able to reproduce the issues specified. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-36718 for corrupted pptx issue and issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-36719 for text issue has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issues. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed.

Hi,

so as I can see, the issues: SLIDESJAVA-36718 and SLIDESJAVA-36719 are resolved. In which version this fixes are/will be available?

@rocpol,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and like to share that concerned issues have been marked as resolved in upcoming Aspose.Slides for Java 18.4, which will be available for download by end of April or early May 2018. We will share notification with you as soon as product will be shared online.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-36718,SLIDESJAVA-36719) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by mudassir.fayyaz