Could not extract content from a bookmark in a cell

Hi,

i tried to get the text from a bookmark placed in a cell.
But i always get the text from the first cell (‘123’) and not from the bookmark ‘456’).

I tried it via bookmarks directly and by using the code examples
Extract content from bookmark.

Here is the example file word_V1.zip (15.6 KB)
and the mention bookmark name is ‘DM_MAP_b84e0adcd8ea40d8a61ff8ae529c_0_1’

Kind regards,
SAP

@christoph_schroeder0,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and managed to reproduce this issue. This issue is related to missing feature WORDSNET-721 (Improve table bookmarks). You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

If the BookmarkStart and BookmarkEnd nodes are inside a Cell node, you can extract the nodes of a cell using CompositeNode.GetChildNodes and import them into empty document using NodeImporter.ImportNode. Hope this helps you.

@tahir.manzoor

Thanks for you reply. I don’t get the workaround to extract the nodes of a cell.
Do you have a code example ? The function ‘CompositeNode.GetChildNodes’
ask for a NodeType as parameter, not for a node.

Regards,
@christoph_schroeder0

@christoph_schroeder0,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, the shared workaround does not work due to missing feature WORDSNET-721. We will inform you via this forum thread once this feature is available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

do you already have an estimate, when this issue will be fixed?

Thank you and best regards,

Christoph

@christoph_schroeder0,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid, the ETA of this feature is not available at the moment. We will inform you via this forum thread once there is any update available on this feature.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Tahir,

since your last update is from December, I wonder if you can give me an update on this topic. Any news?

Do you already know, when we can expect a fix for this issue?

Christoph

@christoph_schroeder01_sap_com,

Unfortunately, there are no estimates available at the moment. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved or any estimates are available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks for the reply. Did you in the meanwhile at least make any process on this issue or is there currently nobody working on it / the necessary and missing features?

Best regards,

Christoph

Thanks for your inquiry. This issue is under development phase. If everything goes by plan, we are very hopeful to include the fix of this issue in Aspose.Words’ July 2018 release i.e. 18.7. Please note that this estimate is not final at the moment; we will be sure to inform you via this forum thread as soon as this feature is available. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks for the feedback/information. :slight_smile:

Hi Tahir,

I wonder, if you have an update for me? It’s beginning of July, so maybe you already know, if the fix can be included in your July’s release?

Christoph

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, this feature will not be available in July 2018 release. Currently, this feature is under “In Review” status. We will inform you via this forum thread once there is any update available on it. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-721) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.9 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.9 update.

@christoph_schroeder01_sap_com

We added support of bookmark import in Aspose.Words 18.9 version according to document structure. Now, bookmark position is preserved in document node structure on import and export of DOCX, DOC, WML documents. In previous versions of Aspose.Words, the BookmarkStart and BookmarkEnd nodes are imported into Aspose.Words’ DOM as inline node i.e. inside Paragraph node.