Could not install package

I’ve got a Visual Studio 2017 solution that has several projects. I’m trying to install Aspose.Cells into a C++ project that is not the startup project, but I’m getting the following error after accepting the license agreement:

Could not install package ‘Aspose.Cells 21.4.0’. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets ‘native,Version=v0.0’, but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.

Project / Properties of the project shows .Net Target Version v4.7.2.

What can I do to get Aspose.Cells to install on this project?

Also, when I get it to install, how do I instantiate the license since the project is not the startup project?

Thanks.

@seanriddle,
It seems that you are trying different package from NuGet package manager as the latest package for Aspose.Cells for C++ is 21.1. Please note that on GitHub there are different repositories for .NET and C++.

Download the latest release package and extract the contents. There is a Demo solution/project in this folder that can be directly added to your existing solution. You may add this project and try to compile and execute it. Your other application related code can be added to this project as per requirement. Please give it a try and share the feedback.

Other option is to download the example project and add it to your solution as it contains large number of executable examples and sample codes. Once the required functionality is achieved, you may either comment the examples code or remove it from the project as per your requirement.

Sorry, I forgot to mention this is a C++/CLR project. I assumed I could use Aspose.Cells for .Net in that case, but I guess I’m wrong? Thanks.

@seanriddle,

Yes, your understanding is correct. You got to use Aspose.Cells for C++ library for your project.