Could not load file or assembly Aspose.Words - The system cannot find the file specified

When i try to add aspose.words with temporary license or with a demo(watermark) i get this error:

$exception {“Could not load file or assembly ‘Aspose.Words, Version=21.12.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.”:“Aspose.Words, Version=21.12.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56”} System.IO.FileNotFoundException

I think it’s odd because it works fine with the same DLL in my standalone application for testing purposes. Yet the same DLL fails when i try to run the code in another application. Any tips ? i’ve tried rebuilding but no success

@henrikJohansen What type of application are you working on, what is the target framework? Do you add reference directly to Aspose.Words.dll or using NuGet? If you are referencing directly to Aspose.Words.dll please make sure the path is correct and accessible. If still does not work, please try using NuGet.