Could not load type 'xe881e4987a64f736' from assembly

Hi,

This is Stephen Albert. I have an issue in my application while using Aspose.Cells.dll. I am running the application in Windows 2003 64bit OS and i get the below error. I have taken the dll from :\Program Files (x86)\Aspose\Aspose.Cells for .NET\Bin\Net2.0 folder and the version is 4.8.2.0. This error comes each time i restart my application pool but when I refresh my page i get "Object reference is not set to the instance of the object" error. Could you please help me in solving this issue

Failed to load some types from "Aspose.Cells": Could not load type 'xe881e4987a64f736' from assembly 'Aspose.Cells, Version=4.8.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56' because it contains an object field at offset 4 that is incorrectly aligned or overlapped by a non-object field.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: EPiServer.PlugIn.PlugInException: Failed to load some types from "Aspose.Cells": Could not load type 'xe881e4987a64f736' from assembly 'Aspose.Cells, Version=4.8.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56' because it contains an object field at offset 4 that is incorrectly aligned or overlapped by a non-object field.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[PlugInException: Failed to load some types from "Aspose.Cells": Could not load type 'xe881e4987a64f736' from assembly 'Aspose.Cells, Version=4.8.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56' because it contains an object field at offset 4 that is incorrectly aligned or overlapped by a non-object field. ]
   EPiServer.PlugIn.AssemblyTypeInfo.GetTypes() +619
   EPiServer.PlugIn.AssemblyTypeInfo.ScanAssembly() +143
   EPiServer.PlugIn.PlugInLocator.get_Assemblies() +453
   EPiServer.PlugIn.PlugInLocator.FindPlugInAttributes() +75
   EPiServer.PlugIn.PlugInRuntime.InitRunTimePlugins(Boolean reset) +63
   EPiServer.PlugIn.PlugInRuntime.Start(Boolean reset) +107
   EPiServer.Web.InitializeEngine.Initialize() +663
   EPiServer.Web.InitializationModule.StaticInitialization() +1264
   EPiServer.Web.InitializationModule.Application_BeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +511
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +80
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +171

Hi,

We found the issue as you have mentioned. We will provide you a new build soon.

Moreover, we have logged your issue into our issue tracking system with an issue id:
CELLSNET-13400.

Thank you.

Hi,

Could you please let me know on when will I get the new build. Our application is going to get converted to 64 bit in production next week.

Kind regards,

Stephen Albert

Hi,

Hopefully we can provide you the new build in 1-2 days.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please download the Aspose.Cells.msi installer: Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version) and install it on your environment(please uninstall the older version first) to use the Aspose.Cells.dll file (in Net2.0 folder) in your project, we have updated the installer there fixing your mentioned issue for your requirement.

Kindly let us know if it works fine now.

Thank you.

Hi,

It is working fine now. Thanks for your quick response.

Kind regards,

Stephen Albert