CountIf() fails

Hello Aspose team,
I’ve noticed a regression in Aspose.Cells 8.5/8.6 comparing to 8.3.
Function COUNTIF() fails for moderate size data. ~500 cells. Not on any data. Example attached.
Exception: Error in calculating Cell[[0]Sheet1!E273]
The worksheet can be reorganised, but haven’t noticed the logic for this failure. Who knows where else this issue may appear.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support and providing the samples for our testing.

We have evaluated the case against the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.6.0 and we are able to replicate the said exception on our side. We have also tested the scenario with release 8.4.2 and were not able to replicate the problem therefore we have logged this incident in our bug tracking system under the ticket CELLSNET-43926 as regression. Our product team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.6.0.3

We have fixed your issue now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

I’m on .Net :slight_smile:

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and use the .net fix Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.6.0.3
and let us know your feedback.

Looks good, thank you.
I hope to get release dll for .Net 3.5 soon; to test it in our product.

Hi Alex,

Please find the attachment for Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.6.0.2 release compiled against .NET framework 3.5. Please give it a try on your side and let us know of your feedback.

Hi Babar,

This build has the same error. I guess I need Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.6.0.3 release compiled against .NET framework 3.5, not 8.6.0.2.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We are scheduled to release major official release 8.6.1 between 20-25th of this month and it will contain your fix as well as .NET Framework 3.5 version. So we are afraid, you will have to wait till then. Sorry for inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43926) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Dear Aspose team,
Unfortunately, the fix hasn’t stand real life testing. Something is still wrong in CountIf().
I’ve attached the example. It’s basically the same Excel sheet, but the cell with CountIf is duplicated. Calculation crashes on the second CountIf.
The crash happens only in the case if the second CountIf is on the same or similar data range.
In my example, E274 causes crash, E275 (if uncommented) causes hanging.

Demo application is the same as already attached.

Of course, such duplicated calculations shouldn’t be in reports, but our customers can customise our templates, plus some reports are automatically generated.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for sharing the new sample.

We have evaluated the presented scenario against the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NE 8.6.1.2 and we are able to notice both mentioned problems therefore these incidents have been recorded in our database for further investigation & correction. Please find the ticket details as follow.

• CELLSNET-43926: We have reopened the previously logged ticket because the exception
    (CellsException: Error in calculating Cell, at Workbook.CalculateFormula) is the same with different cell reference.
  • CELLSNET-44045: Hanging issue has been logged as a separate incident for further investigation.

Our product team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

It is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-43926 and CELLSNET-44045 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Hello,
Unfortunately, still not fixed completely. Calculation throws an exception.
Demo is attached.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to replicate this exception using the following code with the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.6.2.2
using your source xlsb file. CalculateFormula throws exception - Error in calculating Cell[[0]1-2IncomeStatement!A2].

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-44099 - CalculateFormula throws exception - Error in calculating Cell[[0]1-2IncomeStatement!A2]

I have also shown the exception generated with the following code for a reference. Also attached the source xlsb file with this post.

C#
string filePath = @“D:\Downloads\Aspose Demo (CountIf)\Files\Test.xlsb”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.CalculateFormula();

Exception:
Aspose.Cells.CellsException was unhandled
Message=Error in calculating Cell[[0]1-2IncomeStatement!A2]
Source=AsposeProject
StackTrace:
at AsposeProject.Program.Main(String[] args) in d:\Aspose\Projects\NET\AsposeProject\AsposeProject\Program.cs:line 271
at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
InnerException: System.ArgumentNullException
Message=Key cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
Source=mscorlib
ParamName=key
StackTrace:
at System.Collections.Hashtable.get_Item(Object key)
at . . ( )
at . . ( , )
at . . ( )
at . . ( )
at . . ( , , )
at . . ( , , , )
at . . ( )
at . .Calculate( )
at . . (Int32 , Int32 )
at . . ()
at . .Calculate()
at . .Process( , )
at . . ( , )
InnerException:

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.6.2.4 and let us know your feedback.

It contains the fix of the following issue.

• CELLSNET-44099 - CalculateFormula throws exception - Error in calculating Cell[[0]1-2IncomeStatement!A2]

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44099) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.