Create a new Connection Point

HI,

I want to add a new connection point on a shape, at a certain position, instead of using the predefined positions (CENTER, LEFT, BOTTOM, RIGHT, TOP).

It should look like this:Example.png (902 Bytes)
Is there any way I could achieve that?

Thank you

@dragos.petrescu,
There is no way to add connecting points on a shape. We have logged a feature request under the ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51300 in our issue tracking system. We have linked your post to this ticket and will keep you informed regarding available updates.

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique

@dragos.petrescu,
The ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51300 has been resolved. If there is no issue in the quality assurance phase, then this fix will be included in the next version 17.8 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API. We will notify you once it is fixed.

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique

Hi,

Will this fix be also included in the Java API? What is the approximate date this update is due?

Thank you,
Dragos Petrescu

@dragos.petrescu,
We auto-port each version of Aspose.Diagram for Java API from its equivalent Aspose.Diagram for .NET API version, since this feature will also be incorporated in the Aspose.Diagram for Java API. For the confirmation purposes, we have logged the same feature request under the Java platform project as DIAGRAMJAVA-50519. We have linked your post to this ticket and will keep you informed regarding any available updates. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

The release of new version 17.8 is expected in the middle of next month (August, 2017). We will notify you once the new version is published.

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique

@dragos.petrescu,
The ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51300 has been fixed. Please download and try the new version 17.8 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API.

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique

@dragos.petrescu,

The linked ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50519 has been fixed and will be included in the next version 18.4 of Aspose.Diagram for Java API. We will notify you once the next version is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50519) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for Java 18.4. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by imran.rafique

[quote=“aspose.notifier, post:8, topic:160346”]
DIAGRAMJAVA-50519
[/quote]Capture.PNG (1.6 KB)

Hello,
I am new to aspose diagram. I am using evaluation version. I wanted to know is there any way to create new multiple connection point in a shape at specific position like at bottom or top? For instance a square with four connection point at bottom to connect with other square shape with same number of point at Top. I have attached a diagram for reference. Can you please share a code snippet to do that if possible ?

@sjshah,

You can add additional connection points to a Visio shape with Connection class and also formulate the position of connection point using the Width and Height of the shape. Please refer to this help topic: Add new Connections on the shape and use Connection indexes to connect shapes