Create a pdf from byte array with single xref reference table - False append mode

We are using digital signature with pdf, before signing we want to provide fresh pdf with false append mode as in sinlge Xref table on pdf to signing method. Please let us know how to do that with Aspose pdf.

@cyginfo

Could you please share a sample source and expected output PDF document for our reference which you want to create using Aspose.PDF. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

I am attaching 2 pdfs here.
One is valid - where we are creating new pdf with false append mode and with same pdf content before processing for digital signing. - for this we are using itextsharp but now want to shift to aspose.

Other is invalid- where we are using pdf as it is and pass it to digital sign then it show invalid sign in adobe.

Reason is unsigned pdf is processed with aspose result in more than one Xref table of pdf which makes it invalid after digital sign .

I hope i am able to answer your doubt and please suggest us that how can we create a pdf from a pdf again so that it can have single xref table which does not cause other issue.

Valid Sign.Pdf (376.4 KB)
Invalid Sign.pdf (351.7 KB)

@cyginfo

We have logged an investigation ticket as PDFNET-48506 in our issue tracking system for your requirements. We will investigate the feasibility of this feature that you are trying to implement and keep you posted with the status of ticket resolution. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

@cyginfo

We have performed the investigations against the earlier logged ticket. Perhaps the following property will help:

var doc = new Document(inputStream);
doc.IsXrefGapsAllowed = false;

Maybe the improvement was realized in 21.7 in PDFFileSignature. But without code, we cannot say more. Can you provide the code of how the problem file was created if the problem is still relevant?