Create a watermark in powerpoint

Hey,

I’ve been trying to create a watermark on each slide.
Can this be done using the Shape object in powerpoint? Is there a way to force the object to be in front of all other objects in the presentation ? (per slide).

Thanks,
garkler

Hi Garkler,

I like to share that Aspose.Slides for .NET allows you to add the shapes in master slide as well as normal slides. Adding the shape in master slide will inherit the shape the shape for every normal slide that will use that master slide. Aspose.Slides for .NET offers the slides locks properties that can be applied to make the watermark un-editable. The shape Z-Order property can be used to bring the shape in front of rest of other shapes as well. I will share the documentation links for shape locking and setting Z-Order property in some time as the documentation server is down at the moment.

Thanks and Regards,

Hey Mudassir,

thanks for your answer.

I’ve managed to create a watermark using the rectangle shape and the TextFrame object.
But, I can’t seem to create transparency like I can in words. Is there a property I am missing?

Thanks !
Garkler

Hi Garkler,

I like to share that there is no direct property for setting the transparency of the shape background color or text color. There is alpha value associated with the color that can be used for setting the transparency. Its value ranges from 0 to 255. 0 means total transparent and 255 mean no transparency. Please use the code snippet shared on this thread link to apply transparency effect on shapes.

Thanks and Regards,

Hey,

I meant transparency in the ShapesEx department, but i’ve succeeded.
I’m posting my code here, perhaps it will help somebody in the future :

PortionEx port = textFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions[0];
port.FontHeight = fontHeight;
port.Text = text;
port.FillFormat.FillType = FillTypeEx.Solid;
port.FillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color = System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(opacity,chosenColor);

Thanks,
Garkler