Create encrypted PDF or Disable Save Option for PDF in browser after converting from Crystal Report

Hi,

I’m working on a .NET application and need to convert crystal report to PDF, which i already did. My question is, I need to either

1. Encrypt the pdf on the fly, ie. to the www in browser,

or 2) disable save option for the pdf on the fly

Can Aspose do that?

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

I am a representative from Aspose.Pdf team. Aspose.Pdf is a component which is used to generate PDF documents from scratch. But I am afraid Aspose.Pdf does not support the conversion of Crystal Report files into PDF format because due to some legal complications, we might not be able to accomplish this feature. In order to develop this feature, we need to hack the Crystal Reports file format but SAP has some licensing restrictions: http://www.sap.com/solutions/sapbusinessobjects/sme/reporting/crystalreports/licensing/index.epx which does not permit us to do so. I hope you would understand the circumstances.

Nevertheless, we have a component named Aspose.Pdf.Kit which is used to manipulate/edit existing PDF documents. As you have stated that you are able to convert the RPT file into PDF format by yourself, then I would suggest you to please try using Aspose.Pdf.Kit. For more information on how to encrypt the existing PDF document using Aspose.Pdf.Kit, please visit [Implementing Security]

For your convenience, I am also moving this thread to Aspose.Pdf.Kit forum where I believe our team of experts taking care of that product would be in better position to answer this query. If you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

We apologize for your inconvenience.