Create image for each bullet point

Our clients have a lot of PowerPoint presenations that have bullet point lists where each click of the mouse draws the next bullet point. The individual slide does not advance, they bullet list is animated.

We convert the PPT and PPTX files into multiple images using GetThumbnail(), one for each slide. Is there a way to code to your API where when we encounter a bulleted list with animations that we can make a new slide for each image, emulating what the users would see if they were in PowerPoint?

Thanks

Hi,

I have tired to understand the problem statement specified by you. If I am not wrong in understanding, you are actually interested in generation of slide thumbnails of same slide but at different animation levels of bullet list. If this is the desired request then I regret to inform you that such a feature is unavailable and one can have one slide thumbnail of a slide regardless of animations inside it. Please share further detail, if what I perceived is not in accordance with what you have meant.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Your assumption is correct, if possible we want to generate a slide for each bullet point. It looks like that is not possible.

Since that is not possible I have a new issue. I have a pptx and I use the following code to divide it into images:
PresentationEx pres2 = new PresentationEx(fi.FullName);
for (int i = 0; i < pres2.Slides.Count; i++)
{
System.Drawing.Image img = pres2.Slides[i].GetThumbnail(1f, 1f);
img.Save(outputDirectory + fi.Name + “-” + interation + “-” + i + “.jpg”, ImageFormat.Jpeg);
img.Dispose();
}

Using a file with an animated bullet list, the image generated is being generated before the animations occur. The bullet point list is not visible in the image that is generated. Is this a bug or is there another way to generate the image?

Thanks

Hi,

I have tried to reproduce the issue as specified by you and have successfully generated slide thumbnail with all bullet list intact. I have used Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.2.0. For your kind reference, I have shared the presentation file along with the generated slide thumbnail.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,