Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Create new Templates

Hi:

We bought the aspose words component a couple of weeks ago. One of my tasks is to write code to enable the users to create a new word template. In order to do this, I need to set the datasource of the new template that is being created and then display it to the user so that they can add/remove fields that they feel are necessary and save it so that later on they can do a mailmerge using this newly created template.

I tried to set the new document's IsTemplate property to true so that it knows that the document being created is a template, but it doesnt make a difference. When the word document opens (I am using Office 2007), and I click on the Mailings tab, the write & insert fields options are disabled, so I cant add a field.

I looked on your website for documentation regarding this, but wasnt able to find anything. It would be great if you can provide me with the necessary information.

Thanks.

Hi<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately you can’t specify Mail Merge DataSource using Aspose.Words. This is logged in our defect database as feature request #5170.

However you can perform Mail Merge using Aspose.Words. Please see the following link for more information.

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.words-for-.net-and-java/perform-mail-merge.html

Best regards.

Thanks for the reply. I guess we will have to tell the users to do it manually for now. Do you know when you guys might take care of this issue?

Hi<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately I can’t provide you any estimate regarding this issue at the moment. I will notify you as soon as I have any new information regarding it

Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 5170) have been fixed in this update.