Create PDF from Layout that Matches the Plot Preview

Hello,

Is there a way to create a PDF from a layout with a shaded viewport (I think that is what it is)?

In my sample dwg, there are four layouts and if I plot them to a printer, each layout shows a different quadrant of the drawing.

When creating a PDF with Aspose, I get the whole page for each of the four layouts, not the quadrant.

I’ve included the DWG, the PDF created by Aspose and what the plot should look like here: Campus-TopLeftSheetPreviewInPlot.zip (2.5 MB)

Thanks,

Sheri

@sheri_steeves,

I have observed your requirements and like to share that Aspose.CAD does allow you to export particular layout to independent PDF. Like you said each layer in your DWG belongs to different quadrant, so by using sample code available over this documentation link, you can export independent layers to PDF.

@mudassir.fayyaz,

Thanks, the code sample does allow me to save a single layout into a PDF file but that’s not quite what I’m after.

When opened in DWG TrueView, and viewing the “Top Left” layout, you can see that that the top left quadrant is highlighted\visible while the rest of the quadrants are shaded. See sample screenshot: Campus-TopLeftSheetInVewer.PNG (168.1 KB).

If you look at the sample image (Campus-TopLeftSheetPreviewInPlot.PNG) that I included in the zip file, it shows what the layout “Top Left Sheet (1 of 4)” looks like if I plot this layout to a printer. Each of the other three layouts shows a different quadrant when previewed.

In the PDF created from Aspose for the “Top Left” layout all four quadrants are visible instead of just the specified area of interest. The same thing happens for the other three quadrants on each page.

I would like to be able to create a PDF with this same view; what I get instead is all four quadrants showing on all four pages, instead of the Top Left, Top Right, etc.

Thanks,

Sheri

@sheri_steeves,

I have observed the information shared by you and request you to please provide the desired output PDF that you ought to generate using Aspose.CAD. We shall be able to investigate that our end and will assess whether that is possible to generate using Aspose.CAD or not.

@mudassir.fayyaz,

Here is a sample PDF showing the model on the first page, and each quadrant on the subsequent 4 pages.

Campus_with_quadrantpages.zip (3.9 MB)

Sheri

@sheri_steeves,

I regret to inform this feature is currently unavailable in Aspose.CAD. I have logged an issue with ID CADNET-630 in our issue tracking system as a new feature request. We will look into the possibility of implementation of the requested feature. This thread has been associated with this new feature request, so that you can be automatically notified as soon as this issue is resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CADNET-630) have been fixed in this update.