Create PDF in C# and Validate for Signing using OpenSign 300 PDF Validator

Hi,
I am trying to create PDF in C# and validate for signing using OpenSign 300 PDF Validator and since v. 21.1 the generated PDFs are no longer valid.

The concrete error: Object 3 0 did not pass validation because of Using not whitelisted name: /DefaultValue

To inspect the generated PDFs im using iText RUPS, and this is what is shown:

Aspose.PDF v. 21.1:

image.png (24.0 KB)

image.png (24.3 KB)

Aspose.PDF v. 21.7

image.png (25.9 KB)

image.png (25.6 KB)

Is it by design that this “DefaultValue” is added, and is it possible to remove it from the PDF? The “element” is not supported by the PDF validator, so im stuck at version 21.1 right now.

@EGththo

Can you kindly share a bit more details like the sample code snippet that you are using to generate the PDF along with the generated PDF document(s)? We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Hi again,
I just heard that my colleague has created an incident with the same problem:

He provided a simple example on how to get the /DefaultValue

If you want, you can just close his incident (or merge them somehow) and comment on this one

Hi
We are using Aspose.Pdf for .net to create pdf document for signing. We send the document for signing through an external company that has a validation procedure to validate with OpenSign 300 PDF Validator.

After we have updated Aspose.Pdf to any version newer than 21.1 our documents does not validate at the external company because it now contains a /DefaultValue element.

Basically the code that we use is:
var stream = new MemoryStream();

//create the pdf
		var aNewDocument = new Aspose.Pdf.Document();
		aNewDocument.Pages.Insert(1);
		aNewDocument.Save(stream);

When saving this stream to disk as a .pdf fil and open it in notepad we see that line 10 contains:
<</Type/Pages/Kids[8 0 R]/Count 1/DefaultValue(GykqNSk/dAoeHHo8NSh6dBQfDnpoa3Ro)>>
when using Aspose.Pdf version 21.2 and newer (the same goes for version 21.7)
and Line 10 contains:
<</Type/Pages/Kids[8 0 R]/Count 1>>
when using Aspose.Pdf version 21.1

Could you please change Aspose.Pdf so that this /DefaultValue element is not inserted?
(or provide the means to force Aspose.Pdf to not insert this element)

@StenBille

I request you to share input and output files with and without the DefaultValue item. Please also share some snapshots of the issue.

@StenBille, @EGththo

We have logged an issue as PDFNET-50364 in our issue tracking system to further investigate this scenario. We will further look into its details and keep you posted with the status of its rectification. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

PdfDocumentsGeneratedWithAsposePdf.zip (98.9 KB)

Added a zip file containing pdf documents created with version 21.1, 21.2 and 21.7

APdf_Created_with_Aspose_Pdf_version_21_1.pdf (Has no /DefaultValue element)
APdf_Created_with_Aspose_Pdf_version_21_2.pdf (Has a /DefaultValue element)
APdf_Created_with_Aspose_Pdf_version_21_7.pdf(Has a /DefaultValue element)

Just open the documents one by one in Windows Notepad - and you will see it in line 10

@StenBille

Thanks for sharing sample files as well. We have updated the information of logged ticket and will let you know once any updates are available regarding its resolution.

Hi again,
Any updates here? We still cannot move forward from version 21.1 due to this

@EGththo

Please note that the ticket has been logged under free/normal support model where issues are resolved on a first come first serve basis. We regret to inform that the earlier logged ticket is not yet resolved due to the issues logged prior to it. However, we have recorded your concerns and will surely inform you as soon as we have some definite updates in this regard. Please give us some time.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Hi again,
I understand the fact that this ticket is under free/normal support.
We are in the middle of upgrading our system to .NET 6, but we are unable to do so without updating to latest version of Aspose.PDF where you fixed a license bug which caused .NET 6 not to work at all.

So now we have to choose between being able to sign documents or upgrade to .NET 6.

Is it possible to give any indication if this indeed is a bug in your system (the /DefaultValue) or if this never will be removed?

I need to know this because if you plan on never removing the DefaultValue I will have to contact the signing vendor to see what they can do etc, or worst case chose another PDF component.

Hope you can help with some answers :slight_smile:

@EGththo

Thanks for sharing your concerns.

Please note that the ticket is not fully analyzed yet which is why we are unable to share any feedback with you. However, we have recorded your comments and logged them along with the ticket. We will try to complete the analysis as soon as possible so that we can clarify you on this situation and you can make your decision accordingly. Please spare us little time.

Hi again,
Any update here?

Again, im not necessarily asking for a solution but at least an indication for me to move forward with.

If the /DefaultValue is a bug or if this never will be removed?
If you plan on never removing the DefaultValue I will have to contact the signing vendor to see what they can do etc, or worst case chose another PDF component.

@EGththo

The earlier logged ticket is under the phase of investigation at the moment and we will soon let you know about the investigation results. Your concerns have been recorded and will be considered as well. We highly appreciate your patience and comprehension in this matter.

We apologize for the delay and inconvenience.

Hi again,
Its been almost 2 months under investigation.

Do you have any indication?

• If the /DefaultValue is a bug or if this never will be removed?
  • If you plan on never removing the DefaultValue I will have to contact the signing vendor to see what they can do etc, or worst case chose another PDF component as we cannot upgrade

@EGththo

We apologize for the delay you have been facing. We regret that the ticket could not get fully investigated due to other issues in the queue. We have recorded your concerns already and escalated the ticket to the next level of priority. We will notify you as soon as investigation is done and analysis is complete. We highly appreciate your patience in this matter.

We again apologize for the inconvenience.

Any news here?

@EGththo

We are afraid that the ticket could not get resolved due to its complexity level and other parallel tasks in the queue. We will surely update you via this forum thread as soon as we make some progress towards its resolution. Please spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

Any progress on the issue? Or is there any workaround available via Aspose API? E.g. can we remove unwanted nodes from pdf physical structure?

@augustyniakm

We regret to share that the earlier logged ticket could not get resolved yet. We will update you in this forum thread as soon as we have some news or ETA about ticket resolution.