Create the PDFA1A complaint documents from the existing PDF documents

Adobe acrobat has a feature to create the PDFA1A complaint documents from the existing PDF document. This can be achieved by "Save As..." command of the "File" menu of the Adobe Acrobat.

We are creating PDF document from Excel files using Aspose.cells. Aspose.Cells can only create with PDFA1B compliance. There is no Save option for PDFA1A in the Aspose.Cells.

I have posted this query in Aspose.Cells forum, they said they are currently working on this and it is not availbale now.

So, is there any way to convert these files to PDFA1A compliant PDF files from these already generated files using Aspose.PDF atleast? Could you please let me know?

Hi Sudhakar,

Thanks for contacting support.

Currently Aspose.Pdf for .NET also supports the feature to convert existing PDF files to PDF/A-1b and PDF/A-1a format. Please visit the following link for instructions on Convert PDF File to PDF-A

In case you encounter any issue, please share the resource files so that we can test the scenario at our end.

I found below text on the top of the page which you gave in a link.

"PDF to PDF_A_1A format conversion is currently not supported. We do have plans to implement this feature but it will be supported in sometimes later this year (2013). However you can validate PDF file against PDF_A_1A standards using Validate(...) method of Document class."

But, you said it can be converted to PDFA1-A format also in your replay. Confused. So, could you please elaborate this?

I found below text on the top of the page which you gave in a link.

"PDF to PDF_A_1A format conversion is currently not supported. We do have plans to implement this feature but it will be supported in sometimes later this year (2013). However you can validate PDF file against PDF_A_1A standards using Validate(...) method of Document class."

But, you said it can be converted to PDFA1-A format also in your reply. Confused. So, could you please elaborate this?

Hi Sudhakar,

Thanks for your inquiry. We apologies for the confusion caused by typo error. Please note PDF to PDFA_1A format conversion is not supported at the moment as described in documentation.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,