Create WebService Project with Aspose.PDF for .NET in Visual Studio 2010

I had no problems when add aspose.pdf.dll to vs 2010 web application ,but when I added it to my windows service application, I had this error and all the classes such as aspose.pdf.document etc cannot be recoganized.

The referenced assembly "Aspose.Pdf, Version=7.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=47b2d0fcacdd3eb6, processorArchitecture=MSIL" could not be resolved because it has a dependency on "System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" which is not in the currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client". Please remove references to assemblies not in the targeted framework or consider retargeting your project.

Hi Lin,

Thanks for your query. There are two different categories of .Net Framework, Regular and Client Profile, and separate Aspose.Pdf dlls are available for specific .Net Framwork. Please check readme.txt file in Bin folder.

In reference to your issue, please remove the client profile dll reference in your Windows application and add a new reference of dll from Bin/net4.0/. Hopefully it will serve the purpose.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Thank you for your reply. After I add the right .dll, it solves my problem.

Hi Lin,

Thanks for your feedback. It’s good to know you have managed to fix the issue.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hi All

I have added Aspose.pdf.dll for .Net4.0 folder and then also I am facing 1 warning and 4 errors. Please help

Warning 1 The referenced assembly “Aspose.Pdf, Version=8.8.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=47b2d0fcacdd3eb6, processorArchitecture=MSIL” could not be resolved because it has a dependency on “System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a” which is not in the currently targeted framework “.NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client”. Please remove references to assemblies not in the targeted framework or consider retargeting your project. ResizePdf

Error 2 The type or namespace name ‘Aspose’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\Birendra\ResizePdf\ResizePdf\ResizePdf\Form1.cs 71 13 ResizePdf

Error 3 The type or namespace name ‘Aspose’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\Birendra\ResizePdf\ResizePdf\ResizePdf\Form1.cs 71 51 ResizePdf

Error 4 The type or namespace name ‘Aspose’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\Birendra\ResizePdf\ResizePdf\ResizePdf\Form1.cs 73 13 ResizePdf

Error 5 The type or namespace name ‘Aspose’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\Birendra\ResizePdf\ResizePdf\ResizePdf\Form1.cs 75 13 ResizePdf

Hi Birendra,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please check Target framework of your project and then reference respective Aspose.Pdf for .NET DLL version, as suggested in your other related thread. If same issue exists then please follow it in your actual thread. It would help you to track your issue in one thread.

Best Regards,