Creating a FDF file from scratch

I’m looking for a way to manupulate FDF files. I need to create a new FDF file from scratch, add fields etc, or read an existing FDF file and change values in it.

How can I do this?

Hi Nir,

Thanks for your interest in our API’s.

Please visit the following links for required information on

In the event of any further query, please feel free to contact.

Dear Mayyer,

I already have the Aspose.PDF library, and went over all the documentations in the site…
All the examples you pointed at, are using the PDF file itself in order to manipulate the FDF…

I’m looking for a way to handle the FDF itself, without the need for the PDF file. It should be similar to using Adobe’s FDF Toolkit library, only I want to use Aspose instead.

Is it possible?

Nir.

I already have the Aspose.PDF library, and went over all the documentations in the site…

All the examples you pointed at, are using the PDF file itself in order to manipulate the FDF…

I’m looking for a way to handle the FDF itself, without the need for the PDF file. It should be similar to using Adobe’s FDF Toolkit library, only I want to use Aspose instead.

Hi Nir,

Thanks for sharing the details.

Aspose.Pdf for .NET supports the feature to create as well as manipulate existing PDF files. It does support the feature to import / export data from FDF and XFDF to PDF form but I am afraid it does not support the feature to manipulate/handle FDF files. In case I have still not understood your requirement or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

You may consider visit following links for further details on

1. Export Data to XML from a PDF File
  2. Import Data from FDF into a PDF File
  3. Export Data to FDF from a PDF File
  4. Import Data from XFDF into a PDF File
  5. Export Data to XFDF from a PDF File

Dear Nayyer,

My application has a database of PDF forms. I need to create FDF files, and then use the created FDF with the already existing PDF to launch Acrobat Reader and let the user edit the form (with my supplied data already in it). But I do not wish to load the PDF file…
Currently I’m using FDFToolkit, but I wanted to use Aspose for that…

Any plans to let us handle FDF files directly, without the need for the PDF forms?

Thanks.

Hi Nir,

Aspose.Pdf for .NET is PDF creation and manipulation API and I am afraid it cannot deal with FDF documents.