Creating a PDF from PRN PCL Format file. Handling of Fonts and special characters is not working

Hi,

We have access to a PRN file from a proprietary print driver and want to convert it to a PDF. It looks like the PRN is a PCL format, so we used the following approach to convert the file to PDF. In the 9.6.0 version of the Aspose.Pdf.dll it takes a long time (over 30 seconds to convert only one page.

Here is the Syntax we used:

var loadOpt = new Aspose.Pdf.PclLoadOptions();

var loadFormat = loadOpt.LoadFormat;

var doc = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(pclPrnFile, loadOpt);

doc.Save(saveName);

Attached is a before and after screenshot and the actual PRN File.

(It didn’t matter if we renamed the .PRN to .PCL.)

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and noticed the incorrect characters and image rendering issue. So logged following tickets in our issue tracking system for further investigation and resolution. We will notify you as soon these are resolved.

Moreover, I have tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.5.0 over Win7 64 bit with 8 GB RAM. It is taking 2-3 seconds.

PDFNEWNET-38931: Bold characters render incorrectly.
PDFNEWNET-38932: RGB image render as grayscale

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

How can I track these two issue numbers and determine when they will be addressed? Will that information be put into this thread?

Thanks

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your inquiry, I am afraid you can not access or login into Aspose JIRA for tracking. Its our internal issue tracking system and you can only ask us for update status. However we will notify you as soon as we made some significant progress towards issues’ resolution.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

HI, Do you have an estimated Release timeframe for this issue? Which version and date?

Thanks

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid your issues are still pending for investigation in the queue. Currently product team is busy to resolve other issues, reported earlier. However we will notify you as soon as we made some significant progress towards issues’ resolution.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,