Creating and editing accessible PDF

Hello,

we're building a html website which has to be accessible for disabled persons.

On the website one has the oportunity to fill in some forms. After submitting we're

creating a pdf-file with aspose.pdf.kit and send it as a copy to the client.

Since we have a lot of different forms, we allways use a template pdf and

fill in the clients data. Untill now these pdfs are quite unstructured and are not

in line with accessible pdf standard. Certainly I'd like to create accessible pdfs,

but I couldn't found a possibility to do that with pdf.kit.

My question now, is there a possibility to create and editing accesible pdfs?

And if yes, could you tell me where I can find the documentation.

Thank you for your effort and kind regards

Fabian Suter

Hi Fabian,

I’m very sorry to inform you that currently Aspose.Pdf.Kit allows you to edit only the normal PDF files; we haven’t tested and tweaked it for working with accessible PDF files. However, I have logged a new feature request as PDFKITNET-26512 in our issue tracking system. Our team will investigate this requirement and you’ll be notified via this forum thread once it is supported.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hello Shahzad,

thank you for your information.

I'm now wondering, if you could tell me, if this issue is important for you and if you could give me a time horizont, untill when this feature is implemented.

Kind regards

Fabian

Hi Fabian,

I’m sorry to inform you that this feature is not yet supported. However, I have asked our team to share the ETA for the availability of this feature. You’ll be updated as soon as the response is received from our team.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi Fabian,

Our team has investigated this requirement in detail and I would like to share with you that this feature is expected at the end of October 2011. You’ll be notified via this forum thread as soon as it is supported.

Regards,

Hello Shahzad,

I'm still very interested in accessible Pdfs because we intend to certify
our customers website.

The certificate authority, we work with, uses the following tool in order to investigate and validate the pdfs.

So, of course, it is important for us, that the generated pdf processes the validation process with success.

http://www.access-for-all.ch/ch/pdf-werkstatt/pdf-accessibility-checker-pac.html

Attached you will find a test run I've made with another library.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for your effort and kind regards

Fabian Suter

Hi Fabian,

Thank you very much for sharing additional information. I have updated our development team with this information. Moreover, our team is looking into this requirement and we’ll let you know as soon as it is supported.

If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Check the new PDF/UA accessibility features here:

I haven’t tried it but asad posted some help regarding implementation (I hope API has been updated too…):

@Jesse.Voogt.ctr

Thanks for reviving this thread.

Your comments will definitely help grabbing attention of others who are interested in this new feature. We would like to add that we are working over adding more of the functionality related to 508 Compliance and we welcome suggestions and requirements from our customers in this regard which would definitely help us implementing the feature efficiently.