Creating new diagrams & Tagging items with links to docs

We are working on an idea that would require one or both of the following:
- allowing user to select items in an imported visio diagram (eg process workflow steps) and link that step to one or more documents in our app
- Allowing users to create a new diagram and save it/export it as a visio file. If we do this, does aspose provide an editor/authoring tool that the user can interact with? if not do you recommend one for simple diagrams?

Would appreciate your comments on this. Thanks!
-peter

Hi Peter,

Thank you for contacting support. Please note that Aspose.Diagram for .NET is a class library for working with Visio drawings programmatically. It provides programmatic access through a rich API to all drawing elements and formatting that allows to create, modify, extract, copy and replace document content without using Microsoft Visio. It mimics the behavior of Microsoft Visio. It works with VSD, VSDX, VSS, VST, VSX, VTX, VDW and VDX files on C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET web applications, web services, Mono and Windows applications. However, It does not provide any graphical user interface for editing or viewing documents.

Based on your initial details, you can achieve selecting diagram items and link them to other documents, etc. Please refer to the helping topics: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/diagramnet/Home

Please feel free to reply us back in case of any confusion or questions.

Hi,

We are trying to achieve the following scenario: render a visio diagram (workflow diagrams in particular) in the browser and allow user to interact with the existing nodes (specifically executing some javascript when user clicks on the shapes).

I would appreciate some guidance in achieving the 2 main goals I am looking at:

1. Rendering a visio diagram in the browser. I have managed to achieve this by exporting the visio file into HTML and having it displayed in an iframe tag. I would follow any other suggestions you might have.

2. Executing some javascript when user clicks on the shapes. I have followed your samples around adding a hyperlink to a shape but that does not really meet my needs. I want to execute some javascript when user clicks a shape in the diagram.

Thanks,
Alin

Hi Alin,

Thank you for contacting support and sorry for the delay. We're working over your query and will get back to you soon.

Hi Alin,

Thank you for being patient. Unfortunately, currently we do not provide UI document editor control. Our GroupDocs brand may help you in this regard. Please checkout GroupDocs at http://groupdocs.com.