Creating PDF files directly from existing aspx pages and C# code-behind

Greetings –

I am longtime user of Aspose Cells for .Net. A client of mine needs some new software so I am coming here first.

I/They are looking for a .Net PDF control that does the following:

1. Creates a PDF file directly from an existing HTML report generated from an ASP.Net web application. Sort of like an automated ‘Print to PDF’, sans the print dialog. This control would need to be able to create a single pdf file or be imbedded in a loop that would create multiple files.

2. Assuming we can do that, they want to include up to three spreadsheets that are attached to the PDF in such a way that the recipient of the PDF file can open it and see the original report as well as the spreadsheets, or, the original report containing hyperlinks to the spreadsheets.

Detail:

My client currently runs a very complex report (let’s call it a Cert (Metrology Lab Certification)) that has links to three spreadsheets imbedded in it. Up until now, the recipient of the Certs receives an email with a link. They click the link which navigates to my clients server and the aspx report comes up on the website. The Cert contains three hyperlinks that bring up Excel spreadsheets stored on their server. That all works great… except…

Now their customers want for us to send them a single PDF file via email that contains the original aspx report as well as the spreadsheet content. That would be perfect. Short of that, they would like to receive a PDF file via email with links to display the spreadsheets one at a time from the PDF. I can do all that is needed as far as emails and loops and such. But the PDF file is all your’s.

Can we do this?

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please check following documentation link for details/code snippet to convert HTML to PDF, to attach a file in PDF document and create a link for application in PDF document. Hopefully these will help you to accomplish the task.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,