Creating tagged/accessible PDFs from HTML source

We currently do not use Aspose.PDF (although we do use Aspose.Words) so I’m asking if this is possible using the component…

At the moment our ASP.Net code generates PDF files using an HTML source (through an HTML-to-PDF component from a different vendor, who is less than responsive when it comes to support questions).

A client has informed us that the resultant PDF, when run through an accessibility checker, is getting a score of only 9% due to the lack of tagging.

I’m aware that you can use Aspose.PDF to create tagged PDFs, but the examples are based on code specifically building the document through object creation… Create Tagged PDF using C#|Aspose.PDF for .NET

Is it therefore possible using the Aspose.PDF component to create tagged PDF from just source HTML/CSS?

Many thanks,
Tom

@stonefish

We regret to inform you that generating ADA Compliant PDFs directly from HTML is not yet support. However, we have already logged a feature request as PDFNET-47523 in our issue tracking system for the purpose of implementation. The ticket has been associated with this thread as well so that you can receive a notification once it is implemented. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi, thank you for the response.

That’s a pity, but I suspected as much.

Can you tell me if the feature request PDFNET-47523 already existed, or has just just been raised based on my forum post? (I’d like to get an idea of whether it’s something that’s already being considered, or if it’s brand new).

Many thanks,
Tom

@stonefish

The feature request PDFNET-47523 was already logged in our issue tracking system before you posted your requirements. The ticket was logged at the time of 20.x version of Aspose.PDF for .NET. Since it is a new feature, it will require certain amount of time to get fully investigated and implemented. We will surely notify you as soon as it is available.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

That’s great - thanks for letting me know (at least it’s nearer than if you’d only just been asked).

I look forward to being able to use the feature.

Cheers,
Tom

@stonefish

We will surely inform you as soon as the required feature is available for usage.

Any progress on this?

@oglesbyw

We are afraid that the investigation of the earlier logged ticket is not yet completed due to other high-priority and blocker tasks. Nevertheless, the ticket has been escalated to the next level of priority after recording your concerns. We will inform you as soon as we have some news about the ticket resolution ETA.

We apologize for the delay and the inconvenience.

Any update on this? We are also looking a solution where we can create a ADA compliant PDF from HTML. Any tentative timeline of when this will be completed?

@thangas

We are afraid that the earlier logged ticket has not been yet resolved. However, it is currently under the investigation. We will let you know via this forum thread as soon as we have some updates in this regard. Please spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Don’t hold your breath on this.

We’re already 2 years down the line from my initial request… and it took Aspose 2 years to fix an exception on in their production code that we reported multiple times.

@stonefish

We humbly apologize for the inconvenience caused due to this ticket. Please note that it is a new feature and we need to change many API components in order to get it completely implemented. We also need to check certain restrictions this requirement offer and we will definitely deal with all challenges and implement it. Once it is implemented, we will update you in this forum thread.

We again apologize for the inconvenience.