Creating Thumbnail for Java - Access denied on file

Hi sir,

I am using aspose.slides-14.8.0.jar for java platform. I was confused why im getting the error well in fact i have the correct path for the pptx file. I have below attached the screenshots. Thanks

Hi Dondell,

Thank you for sharing the screenshot.

From screenshot, it appears that the issue is not with opening the PPTX file but saving it as Image file. In method ImageIO.write, you are only providing the file location i.e. “c:\users\\dondell\Desktop” whereas, you also need to provide the output file name e.g. “
c:\users\\dondell\Desktop\output.jpg”.

Please check the above and if you still face the issue, please do let us know.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi sir,

Thanks. I correct path to imageName and it works. Thanks

Hi sir,

I noticed that this code i tested will only works for Java. I thinking to do the creation of thumbnail in android platform. Can i do it? Thanks

Hi Dondell,

Thank you for the feedback.

Yes, the feature you are checking is of Aspose.Slides for Java. Aspose.Slides for Android doesn’t support the feature to generated thumbnails from a slide at the moment. A new feature request has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: SLIDESANDROID-25. You will be notified via this forum thread once the feature gets available.

Thanks & Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESANDROID-25) have been fixed in this update.