Cross-Platform Aspose.Slides, .NET 6, Linux, and System.Drawing.Common

Hello!
We have recently updated Aspose.Slides to latest versions (from 23.5.0, to 23.9.0) and have noticed
that .net6 dependencies for it includes System.Drawing.Common 7.0.0.0
Our company would like to know if there are any plans on changing this dependency to something crossplatform, as Microsoft suggests, like SkiaSharp, or even to System.Drawing.Common 6.0.0.0

We would like to keep using the nuget instead of using standalone dlls, thank you

@arnoldbeilandevozon,
Thank you for contacting support.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any information about this.

Please note the following:

• NuGet contains all versions of Aspose.Slides for all .NET platforms, except for .NET 6.
  • NuGet contains a Windows-only version of Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.
  • The ZIP package contains a cross-platform version of Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.

More details:

This is actually quite a big problem, as for any update of the Aspose.Slides we need to manually update the dlls in many places. This is quite a lot of work in our case, can we at least get a nuget with crossplatform solution which we can install and get updated automatically as needed?

Also, you say NuGet contains all versions for all .NET platforms except 6 - but what about .NET7 and .NET8 - I would expect these are now working either, in which case I’m asking what is your plan as most solutions will migrate to newer versions of .NET soon.

@SriranjiniNv,
Please note that Aspose.Slides for .NET 6 Cross Platform talks the following:

Cross-platform Aspose.Slides for .NET 6 can be used for .NET 7 and future .NET releases.

Could you please indicate the version of Linux on which the original problem occurred? I will try to help you find a solution.

This issue was confirmed for CentOS 7.9 and Amazon Linux 2

@SriranjiniNv,
Thank you for the additional information. We need more details. Please share the following:

• simple project that reproduces the error
  • stack trace of error

Any project in .NET6 will fail as System.Drawing version > 5 simply doesn’t work on Linux. Multiple of your other libraries already migrated to other dependencies - e.g. PDF is now using Aspose.PDF.Drawing.

@SriranjiniNv,
Thank you for the note. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

@arnoldbeilandevozon,
A new .NET 6 cross-platform NuGet package has been included in our roadmap and ETA is version 23.11.

We have linked the following ticket(s) from our internal issue tracking system to this forum thread and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESNET-44096

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

You may also consider using the .NET Standard 2.1 version of Aspose.Slides from the NuGet package. However, this version requires libgdiplus library to be installed.

@SriranjiniNv,
Please try using the following NuGet package:

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-44096) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by asad.ali

@arnoldbeilandevozon,

Sorry, the fix for your issue is included in Aspose.Slides for .NET v23.11. Please try it.