Cross References are getting lost in word document

Hi Team,

I have cross references in my word document. But when I save the document using aspose words , my cross references are not getting preserved in the saved document. My aspose words java version is 18.7. (and this is my licenced version which cannot be upgraded )

Code :

public static void main(String …args) throws Exception {
com.aspose.words.License license = new com.aspose.words.License();
license.setLicense("/home/sauravarora/Downloads/Aspose.Total.Java(1).lic");
Document document = new Document("/home/sauravarora/Downloads/Mutual Non- Disclosure Agreement_v1(1).docx");
document.save("/home/sauravarora/abc.docx");
}

Also attaching documents :
data.zip (55.2 KB)

The input document has reference on point 9. If we click on that , we are navigated to point 3. But this gets lost in the saved document.

Please help. Our application is live and client has raised this issue.

@saurabh.arora,

After an initial test with the licensed latest (21.1) version of Aspose.Words for Java, we were unable to reproduce this issue on our end. We used the following simple Java code to Save As your Word document (Mutual Non- Disclosure Agreement_v1(1).docx) to DOCX format on our end:

Java Code:

Document doc = new Document("C:\\Temp\\data\\Mutual Non- Disclosure Agreement_v1(1).docx");
doc.save("C:\\Temp\\data\\awjava-21.1.docx");

So, we suggest you to please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words.

Hi Hafeez,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually we have a paid license which allows us to upgrade the jar up-to 18.7 version only. And it is not working on 18.7. We will need to purchase a new license and it will take time. Until then , we will be having issues in production. Can you please check on 18.7 version and provide us with the fix or work around.

Also upgrading the jar , we will need to retest the features to check if everything is working on the latest version.

@saurabh.arora,

Please note that we do not provide support for older released versions of Aspose.Words. We also do not provide any fixes or patches for old versions of Aspose APIs. All fixes and new features are always added into new versions of our APIs.

Please also note that we exercise unit testing and all of our unit tests are properly structured. Therefore, upgrading to the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java is safe and the latest version should cause no undesired behavior. Since, all Aspose.Words’ functionality is unit tested so everything in the previous versions shall still be working in the newer versions.

So, we suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java.